Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 08:01 PM

Generation Game

Will you give it a go?
I think Mel and Sue are really funny
But is it too tired a format?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Re: Generation Game

I think they would be good at it. I've enjoyed every single presenter on the Generation Game, Bruce Forsyth, Larry Grayson, Jim Davidson and Graham Norton but for me the best ever presenter was Bruce Forsyth, no one can touch him for his presenting skills in my eyes. I'd definitely watch it with Mel and Sue, it's a fun programme and anything fun can only be a good thing considering all the doom and gloom thats on TV these days.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 08:26 PM

Gave it about three minutes until Johnny Vegas did my head in and I had to turn it off.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 09:18 PM

Wouldn't watch the rubbish if you paid me. There was only one guy for this type of show and he has now left us.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 09:53 PM

Not too keen on too much of Mel & Sue, sorry. They get on me wick after a few minutes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not too keen on too much of Mel & Sue, sorry. They get on me wick after a few minutes.
Mups, l agree, l can’t stick them!

Did anyone watch that even worse show ‘Change Your Tune’ on ITV at about the same time?
I only watched a bit of it, as it was shockingly dreadful!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:53 PM

Same old format, even down to the cuddly toy, I doubt that I will be watching it again
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Gave it about three minutes until Johnny Vegas did my head in and I had to turn it off.
You beat me. I lasted about a minute.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:06 AM

The Generation Game relies heavily on the skill of the presenter. Sadly Mel and Sue are nowhere near for that show.

Several newspapers this morning report that the studio audience were so underwhelmed by their attempt at humour, that they had to used canned laughter to help out.

The format itself is outdated. I used to watch every Saturday night in the past, but I don't think that I will again now. It probably would have been better to repeat some of the old ones.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 12:21 PM

I didn't watch it either, have never liked the show. Talk about jobs for the boys (or girls in this case) by the BBC. Compensation for them being ousted from that baking programme?

Sue Perkins may have just scraped by on her own but the format won't work with a duo at the helm.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top