Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 11:32 AM

Re: Ordeal by innocence

I enjoyed it, typical Agatha Christie with so many suspects and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I enjoyed it, typical Agatha Christie with so many suspects and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
You didn't mind all the jumping about then Barry? There are some good actors in it I admit.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You didn't mind all the jumping about then Barry? There are some good actors in it I admit.
I admit the production could have been better but I'm intrigued with the story. Hopefully it will be an easier watch next time now that we've got the gist of the story and know who the characters are..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 02:00 PM

It's not my favourite Agatha Christie I watched a couple of miss marples over the weekend Joan hickson now there's a decent way to present agathas stories.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's not my favourite Agatha Christie I watched a couple of miss marples over the weekend Joan hickson now there's a decent way to present agathas stories.
And the episodes with Julia McKenzie as Miss Marple
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Sophie Hannah has written/is writing several books in the style of Christie featuring new adventures of Poirot. She obtained permission from the estate of Agatha Christie. She was interviewed on the World Service very early this morning talking about the plots (not giving anything away) and how she goes about getting into Poirot's head.

http://www.agathachristie.com/news/2...-sophie-hannah

I'm not sure I want to read someone else's interpretation of the great detective, but fair play to her for keeping him alive - kind of.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Sophie Hannah has written/is writing several books in the style of Christie featuring new adventures of Poirot. She obtained permission from the estate of Agatha Christie. She was interviewed on the World Service very early this morning talking about the plots (not giving anything away) and how she goes about getting into Poirot's head.

http://www.agathachristie.com/news/2...-sophie-hannah

I'm not sure I want to read someone else's interpretation of the great detective, but fair play to her for keeping him alive - kind of.
I shall have to give those a try

I used to read a lot of Sohie Hannahs novels, she writes very well
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 12:09 PM

It becomes darker and darker.

The writer, Sarah Phelps, is no stranger to controversy, and she's a feisty woman and defensive about her handling of the original story.

She prefers WHYdunnit as opposed to the usual Whodunnit approach.

Some call her arrogant but I rather admire her.
It's really interesting to read how she thinks it through...

The purists hate her with a vengeance!

Does she worry at all about purists complaining? She snorts. “Oh purists. Anything that’s purist is deeply problematic to me – I think it’s a philosophy that’s dangerous whether applied to books or to larger considerations of policy and philosophical thought.

“I don’t give a bollocks about people saying it has to be pure. No, it doesn’t. If you want a pure adaptation, go and get someone else to do it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...1-sarah-phelps

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/med...nocence/phelps
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It becomes darker and darker.

The writer, Sarah Phelps, is no stranger to controversy, and she's a feisty woman and defensive about her handling of the original story.

She prefers WHYdunnit as opposed to the usual Whodunnit approach.

Some call her arrogant but I rather admire her.
It's really interesting to read how she thinks it through...

The purists hate her with a vengeance!

Does she worry at all about purists complaining? She snorts. “Oh purists. Anything that’s purist is deeply problematic to me – I think it’s a philosophy that’s dangerous whether applied to books or to larger considerations of policy and philosophical thought.

“I don’t give a bollocks about people saying it has to be pure. No, it doesn’t. If you want a pure adaptation, go and get someone else to do it.”
She sounds lovely.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 01:49 PM

I haven't watched this programme but heard it being discussed on the radio .

Apparently, the person who did the adaptation from the Agatha Christie novel has taken it upon themselves to change the ending.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top