Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:17 PM

Re: I will be a nervous 'mum' next Tuesday!

I googled that Meg. Not heard of it either.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I am happy to do it now, too, and it suits me and my planned lifestyle. Nurse didn't try to put me off.
That's good to hear, I'm sure it will all go well, it's scarier for us usually than them, my late Mollie didn't want to come home she loved the vet and the fuss so much, Lucy too really enjoyed the nurses making a fuss of her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 04:10 PM

Sorry Jazzi, but I entirely agree with Meg and Barry on this. I wouldn't dream of spaying her before she's even had her first season if she was mine.

The nurse won't 'put you off' because it's money in their till.
It can also make them incontinent later in life if spayed before they've finished growing and developing, and the vet will then get paid for treating that as well.

Sorry if it sounds harsh Jazzi, and it's probably not what you want to hear, but I'd really do your homework on this first, if I were you, and then decide. There is loads of information out there about this.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 04:18 PM

Oh dear Jazzi...you must be in a quandary over what to do after reading all of these replies..

I almost waited too long to have Gracie spayed because I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to breed her. She developed a rather nasty infection and required emergency surgery...at about 18 months.

I am pleased to say that our story had a happy ending...but if I had it to do over, I most certainly wouldn't have waited.

Jazzi...all you can do is follow your heart. Wishing you and Holly the very best outcome...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Oh dear Jazzi...you must be in a quandary over what to do after reading all of these replies..

I almost waited too long to have Gracie spayed because I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to breed her. She developed a rather nasty infection and required emergency surgery...at about 18 months.

I am pleased to say that our story had a happy ending...but if I had it to do over, I most certainly wouldn't have waited.

Jazzi...all you can do is follow your heart. Wishing you and Holly the very best outcome...
Thank you BF, I WILL follow my heart, and my head, and do what is best for me. I know some of you mean well, but please, I am asking you nicely, take a step back with your harsh comments. Thank you.

My dog, my choice.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Is this your first dog Jazzi?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

03-04-2018, 06:51 PM

First owned by just me, Muddy. Any particular reason for asking? We did have dogs when I was younger and with parents.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 06:57 PM

Just asking .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

03-04-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just asking .
Okeedoke.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:00 PM

Vets are knife happy any spaying is not at all necessary unless there is some medical problem to overcome.

As others have said if you do decide let her mature first and have at least one seaon before doing anything

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top