Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 08:26 PM

Trance moves to new home.

While I was in hospital my budgie, Trance has been looked after by my family, however it was commented how big his cage was so I have bought him a new cage and he seems to have taken to it. Its smaller and its easier to clean plus he's not able to flick his seed out of the cage so its not making as much mess on the floor.
He seems less nervous in the smaller cage.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 08:58 PM

Re: Trance moves to new home.

MC Trances looks very cozy in there...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:03 PM

awwwwwwwww, I love Trance, can I foster him next time you go on holiday? Budgies are so smart, when I was a child my sister taught our budgie Bobby to say "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper, where's the pickled pepper Peter Piper picked!" awwwwww RIP our Bobby
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Aww, I’ve not had budgies since I was a child, brings back memories. Looks like there’s plenty of activities for Trance to enjoy, cages have come a long way in 60 years!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:09 PM

What a lovely cage MC, Trance looks very settled in it already
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 04:33 AM

He looks right at home.

I'm interested why did you decide on the name...Trance?

Were you in a trance at the time
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 06:12 AM

The cage he had before was a brand new ferret cage I had got cheap at an auction thinking the bigger the cage the happier he would be. I converted it to a bird cage but he always seemed a bit lost in such a big area.

He's settled into the smaller cage very well and I placed his empty seed and water containers alongside the new full containers temporarily so he understood where things are.

He's called Trance because when I got him he never made a sound for two days but suddenly started chirping and bouncing around as soon as I started playing my euphoric trance music.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 07:39 AM

Why don't you get him a companion .
Solitary confinement in a small cage doesn't sound much of a life to me .
Mondays child
United Kingdom

07-04-2018, 08:26 AM

It's a bit weird actually. Since he's gone in the smaller cage he's started playing with his toys and when I put my hand in the cage he doesn't shy away but instead let's me stroke him and closes his eyes and leans his head to one side.
In the big cage he wasn't like that he had even given up playing with his favourite toy and wouldn't let anyone touch him.

Maybe he feels more secure in a smaller area.
I think it's time to encourage him to come out of the cage voluntarily as when he was in the big cage I could take the whole roof off and leave the big side door open for hours and he would just cower away in the corner of the cage until I closed it again.
It would be lovely if I could encourage him to come out of the cage and fly around the house. Or even if he would get onto my finger. The only time he's done that is when I've had to physically take him out of the cage for major cage cleans. He usually hides in the room somewhere while I clean out the cage throughout and will get on my finger when he wants to go back in the cage.

I'm not sure if he's a bit too old for a companion now.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
It's a bit weird actually. Since he's gone in the smaller cage he's started playing with his toys and when I put my hand in the cage he doesn't shy away but instead let's me stroke him and closes his eyes and leans his head to one side.
In the big cage he wasn't like that he had even given up playing with his favourite toy and wouldn't let anyone touch him.

Maybe he feels more secure in a smaller area.
I think it's time to encourage him to come out of the cage voluntarily as when he was in the big cage I could take the whole roof off and leave the big side door open for hours and he would just cower away in the corner of the cage until I closed it again.
It would be lovely if I could encourage him to come out of the cage and fly around the house. Or even if he would get onto my finger. The only time he's done that is when I've had to physically take him out of the cage for major cage cleans. He usually hides in the room somewhere while I clean out the cage throughout and will get on my finger when he wants to go back in the cage.

I'm not sure if he's a bit too old for a companion now.
He looks lovely...I would be tempted to getting him a pal I bet he would love that and it would be fun watching them together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top