Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Re: Horror films

I like Carrie and Misery.
Stephen King books make very good films.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:40 PM

I recall going to see "Psycho" in 1960 at the grand old age of 19. My fiancé was driving a 1957 Ford, which was parked at the entrance of Mount Pleasant Cemetery... Made him open the trunk and take a peek to make certain there was no body inside... OMGoodness...so impressionable I was. It took me eons to get over that movie...

Another favourite is "Deliverance."

I enjoy Psychological thrillers...
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:45 PM

I like a good horror film but unfortunately there are a lot of dreadful ones about. The first time I saw Hellraiser, only vaguely aware of what it was about, I was quite affected for a while. The sequels are a case of rapidly diminishing returns, without the shock value there is nothing left to recommend them.
I think the most affecting, powerful horror film I have seen recently is Martyrs, the original French one, that is. While it is astonishingly gruesome to look at, it is the lack of emotion that makes it horrific.
Another favourite is In The Mouth Of Madness, one of John Carpenter's less appreciated films, I thought it pretty brilliant throughout.
And a mention for Dead Of Night, the classic omnibus film with a chilling, effective linking story. Excellent throughout despite its age.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I like Carrie and Misery.
Stephen King books make very good films.
Misery was brilliant, Kathy Bates was just soooooo good
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I like a good horror film but unfortunately there are a lot of dreadful ones about. The first time I saw Hellraiser, only vaguely aware of what it was about, I was quite affected for a while. The sequels are a case of rapidly diminishing returns, without the shock value there is nothing left to recommend them.
I think the most affecting, powerful horror film I have seen recently is Martyrs, the original French one, that is. While it is astonishingly gruesome to look at, it is the lack of emotion that makes it horrific.
Another favourite is In The Mouth Of Madness, one of John Carpenter's less appreciated films, I thought it pretty brilliant throughout.
And a mention for Dead Of Night, the classic omnibus film with a chilling, effective linking story. Excellent throughout despite its age.
I remember seeing Hellraiser and thinking what kind of mind does this person have to think up a movie so horrible.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:17 PM

I use to go watch an horror film every week in the 1970's with my friend from work or something near to horror....

Wickerman.
The Devils.
Devil Rides Out.
To The Devil A Daughter.
Don't Look Now.
Omen.
The Shuttered Room.
Poltergeist.
Hunting Party.
Burnt Offerings.

Or anything to do with Oliver Reed
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I use to go watch an horror film every week in the 1970's with my friend from work or something near to horror....

Wickerman.
The Devils.
Devil Rides Out.
To The Devil A Daughter.
Don't Look Now.
Omen.
The Shuttered Room.
Poltergeist.
Hunting Party.
Burnt Offerings.

Oliver Reed was a one man horror movie!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oliver Reed was a one man horror movie!
He was gorgeous in his youth mmmm
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->

Wickerman.
The Devils.
Devil Rides Out.
To The Devil A Daughter.
Don't Look Now.
Omen.
The Shuttered Room.
Poltergeist.
Hunting Party.
Burnt Offerings.

Two great films and a home cooking video by Rhian.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 12:43 PM

Dennis Wheatley was the author of quite a few early horror films that were picked up by Hammer H o Horror and were turned into good films at the time 60's 70's.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top