Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:56 AM

Re: I am physically affected by the weather

I get Migraines but not very often, they last from anything from 15 mins to an hour but they always come on when the skies are a silvery colour with bright clouds, my wife calls them my silver days, Polaroid glasses help at such times.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:31 AM

Yes, I'm fed up with the rain. I stayed out in the garden all the time it was fine the last couple of days and it was lovely I really hope we have a good summer to make up for the long miserable winter we've endured....hoping
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I have to watch it when it's windy ... it can get my sinuses and give me chronic earache.

And I get scared when the wind's real rough in winter too. It used to frighten me that much I had to have headphones on with loud music until it had ended.
I wouldn't last five minutes anywhere they had hurricanes.
Wind gets your sinuses? You need to run faster...
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:40 AM

I get anxious if it rains heavily for a prolonged period of time as the house got flooded by surface water in 2007 and I don't think I've ever got over the shock

And the anxiety can be debilitating, I go off my food, won't speak to anyone and basically feel like death warmed up.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 11:17 AM

Talking of weather affecting you physically - It was 35°C today (Monday) a record for April and I got pretty sweaty when I washed my car and tidied up the garage.

However a cool shower followed by a beer soon fixed that. Early afternoon a cool change came through so it is very pleasant this evening with all the doors and windows open.

I wouldn't mind a bit of rain either.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 01:18 PM

I don't like temperatures above 66F, 19C - fortunately they are rare here.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 02:47 PM

We have crazy weather here, nestled in the great lakes. One day with will be -2 degrees, then the next day it will be 10 above, then back down to 0. This is the worst year so far.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 03:12 PM

I don't suffer physical effects but I do suffer mentally in dark dreary weather. I suffer SAD .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 05:26 PM

When I used to suffer with migraine, the weather would be a trigger , esp muggy weather, that awful wear you down weather you get before a storm. Once the storm broke, so did my migraine

Touch wood, Ive grown out of migraines, only had one in the past two years
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I don't like temperatures above 66F, 19C - fortunately they are rare here.
I am the opposite I don't like temperatures below 20°C, unfortunately that does happen in winter.

The humidity has a lot to do with it - Britain is notoriously humid (60/70%??) whereas here humidity is very low normally.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top