Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:15 PM

Re: Black Crime and Violence - Some Home Truths

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well you'd have to be blind not to notice that it's not rich or middle class lads and lasses involved in it all. Poverty isn't just about lack of money though, it's lack of opportunities, lack of decent housing and surroundings. Lack of decent schools etc

I believe if at 5 you took half the kids out of the area they lived on gave them all the trappings of a middle class area you'd see a huge difference in the outcomes for them at 18.
It's not poverty in the sense of they can't afford the best name trainers, it's THE POVERTY OF EXPECTATIONS in these "communities" that is the problem.

Other groups can come over with no grasp of English and only a few rupees to their name yet it doesn't stop the kids from quickly gaining valuable qualifications while behaving themselves and make themselves employable. Thus not becoming a burden on society.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 05:35 PM

This is so true .
The Vietnamese left refugee camps and wherever they went seemed to make a success of life .
The Chinese and Indian are the same .
It could be an intrinsic work ethic and a respect for education and for people generally .
They don't go about demanding respect ( how this word has become debased )
They just get on and are very often successful .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 05:39 PM

I am somewhat afraid to agree with you on that Muddy for fear of being heckled
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
It's not poverty in the sense of they can't afford the best name trainers, it's THE POVERTY OF EXPECTATIONS in these "communities" that is the problem.

Other groups can come over with no grasp of English and only a few rupees to their name yet it doesn't stop the kids from quickly gaining valuable qualifications while behaving themselves and make themselves employable. Thus not becoming a burden on society.
That's partly what I'm talking about gravitas, poverty of opportunity, it's lacking a parental role model or a chance to make good. They've almost given up but found a way to make themselves feel more important.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 08:36 PM

Why do you think poor Vietnamese parents do better than poor black ones?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why do you think poor Vietnamese parents do better than poor black ones?
Different parental ways as I just said poverty of opportunities. I sometimes wonder why I bother though as you see unable to grasp simple concepts like poverty not necessarily meaning money !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2018, 09:15 PM

If you can't answer the question civilly with manners just leave it .

Why don't the poor Vietnamese /Chinese /whatever have 'poverty of opportunities ?'

Could it be because they have a better work ethic and make opportunities ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-04-2018, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am somewhat afraid to agree with you on that Muddy for fear of being heckled
Stand strong Rehab !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-04-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you can't answer the question civilly with manners just leave it .

Why don't the poor Vietnamese /Chinese /whatever have 'poverty of opportunities ?'

Could it be because they have a better work ethic and make opportunities ?
Look if you read what I said you are agreeing with me ! You are fighting for the sake of it ! Enough I've had enough this proves what I've thought for ages you are deliberately disagreeing. Better we ignore each other if you can't see that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-04-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Different parental ways as I just said poverty of opportunities. I sometimes wonder why I bother though as you see unable to grasp simple concepts like poverty not necessarily meaning money !
Really
You mean I don't make excuses for violence unacceptable anti social behaviour ?
The real reason is that -and to give her her due Diane Abott knew this - the Afro Carribean culture means that men father children and then abandon them.
When they turn to gangs for support they are lost.

The other violence is from alien cultures we have imported .
Men from Somalia and the Sudan come from a culture where life is both tribal and cheap .
It's like letting lose feral dogs in a field of sheep .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top