Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:52 PM

Re: I seem to be going of Meat

Thank you all.

They all sound good, but I have a problem, my Husband, he is a Meat eater and likes loads of food, if I gave him just stuffed peppers he would go mad, saying its not a dinner.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:26 PM

I've been eating more meat because of my health - good quality stuff, though.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Thank you all.

They all sound good, but I have a problem, my Husband, he is a Meat eater and likes loads of food, if I gave him just stuffed peppers he would go mad, saying its not a dinner.
Give him some pork ribs or a steak with them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Chips.
Cheesy chips!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:15 PM

A couple of my own creations:

Quorn Donner Kebabs.

Like a meat kebab but use Quorn peppered steaks sliced thinly before frying in olive oil. Add salad and chilli sauce if required.

Quorn sticky Chinese with noodles.

Quorn burgers
Light soy sauce
Honey with lemon & ginger
Sainsburys spicy noodles

Mix in bowl 4 heaped spoonfuls of honey with light soy sauce to make marinade.

Slice the burgers thinly, coat in the sauce and fry on high heat for a few minutes turning half way until slightly crispy. Pour remainder of sauce on top.

Cook and serve the noodles either in a pan or microwave

Place quorn on top and sprinkle lightly with a few more drops of soy sauce.

As Quorn cools in bowl, it becomes sticky and crispy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:21 PM

Some great sounding recipes here .
A good topic i and going of meat too and we are eating fish now and chicken and salt free it's so darn bland and boring
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 10:41 PM

I couldn't live without red meat (well I probably could but I wouldn't want to!). Beef and Lamb are wonderful. Chicken I could do without and, for me, the only kind of pork worth eating is smoked bacon. I also love most fish and seafood. I don't mind the occasional vegetarian meal and my regular snacks are nuts and fruit.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 06:50 AM

Yup me too, rarely eat red meat these days. Mostly fish, chicken and vege meals here. I don't eat sausages and I don't like potatoes unless they are roasted and have crispy burnt bits. I used to like chips but gone off them...ask me again next week
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 11:44 AM

I still eat Fish especially my Smoked Haddock I love it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 08:26 PM

Can't do without my roast beef (actually have the remains of a beef joint in my freezer), it forms the basic ingredients in my stew and dumplings - delicious!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top