Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:51 PM

Re: Smoker or Non Smoker

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to love a nice Havana cigar at Christmas with a glass of port. Haven't done that for a few years now.
We should meet up one day, lunch on me, port and cigars on you
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We should meet up one day, lunch on me, port and cigars on you

An old boss of mine used to spend more on Havana cigars at the weekend than my week's wages.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

An old boss of mine used to spend more on Havana cigars at the weekend than my week's wages.
I am a Cohiba fan they are a tad cheaper, but a good smoke
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:40 AM

Are we talking tobacco cigarettes or cannabis cigarettes?

quit both 25 years ago.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:04 AM

Absolutely filthy and disgusting. Anti-social and selfish.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:24 AM

When I first started work by far the majority of men smoked when I retired a tiny minority did ie 1 or 2 in over 100 workers. According to stats less than 15% of adults in Australia smoke.

I gave up in 1983 after running after my kids left me panting. I went cold turkey and the first couple of weeks was OK because will power was high it would have been a bit of a struggle from thn on were it not for my sense of smell returning.

I had to wash every article of clothing I owned, the curtains etc the smell of smoke was awful. Going to the club was a trial because in those days people still could smoke so when you got home you could smell other people's smoke on your clothes.

It is a dreadful addiction but with stringent laws about where you can and cannot smoke, plus plain packaging it is dying out though I doubt that it will be completely wiped out there will always be addicts to something. Fortunately these days it is largely confined to the privacy of the addicts home thank gawd! (there is no one worse than a reformed smoker)

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 05:24 AM

Nope never smoked, I tried it when I was about 17 but they made me feel sick... I count myself lucky to have had that reaction.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have never smoked in my life and find the smell completely repugnant.
People don't really know how much they smell when they smoke Yuk!

Very true - you can smell them when they walk/stand near you in the street!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Nope never smoked, I tried it when I was about 17 but they made me feel sick... I count myself lucky to have had that reaction.
My foray into smoking lasted all of a week. I am glad I saw the light.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes you were lucky Summer, it was love at first puff for me and the love affair lasted 48 years before I managed to quit, but even then it wasn't because I fell out of love, but just ad a greater desire to survive in reasonable health. I have been without a single puff for the last nine years now and never felt better, but the pang of a lost love still haunts me....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top