Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:08 PM

NHS & 38 Degrees

Have received the following email from 38 Degrees:

Dear Geoff,

This is big. NHS bosses have been forced to launch a proper consultation on their plans to change the NHS, after 40,000 people, including you, demanded the public get a say. [1]

They wanted to sneak through plans that will change the way the NHS is run, based on an American model called ‘Accountable Care Organisations’ (ACOs). [2] But the changes could mean private companies are handed contracts of up to ten years to provide care. [3] It’s controversial, so they wanted to push it through behind closed doors.

But 38 Degrees-ers like you leapt into action. Together, we emailed the Department of Health in our thousands, to tell them that major changes to the way our NHS is run should be looked at properly by the public and politicians. Our pressure, along with other NHS campaigners who are challenging the plans in court, forced NHS bosses to listen. [4]

They've promised to launch a big consultation on the plans, and specifically mentioned 38 Degrees-ers like you. [5] They dedicate an entire chapter of their response to the consultation to our campaign - and said our concern around lack of proper scrutiny has been ‘noted’. It’s proof that when we work together in our thousands, we’re impossible to ignore.

The fight to stop private companies being handed huge NHS contracts isn’t over yet. But making sure these plans are properly scrutinised is a crucial first step. We’ll keep a close eye out for the consultation - but for now let’s celebrate what we’ve done so far.

Thanks for being involved,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:17 PM

Re: NHS & 38 Degrees

Well that's excellent news. Perhaps someone should have informed the Labour party.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ealth.politics
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well that's excellent news. Perhaps someone should have informed the Labour party.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ealth.politics

Shot yourself in foot - you didn't check date on that report which is dated 2006 - i.e. more than twelve years old!!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:57 PM

I have a monthly direct debit to 38degrees, they're a good organisation imho.

Get a petition to sign almost every day!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 05:10 PM

(Im selective about what petitions i support by 38 degrees, sadly it will be an uphill struggle as the bodyswervers will do their best to grab this holy grail of exploitation
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Shot yourself in foot - you didn't check date on that report which is dated 2006 - i.e. more than twelve years old!!!

As normal you miss the point of the poster.

Wonder how many of you lefties would have signed a 38 petition in 2006 about it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not at all. I was pointing out that the privatisation was started by the Labour party in 2006.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-04-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
As normal you miss the point of the poster.

Wonder how many of you lefties would have signed a 38 petition in 2006 about it.
Thank you Galty.

At least someone has some brains.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-04-2018, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not at all. I was pointing out that the privatisation was started by the Labour party in 2006.

Actually you're wrong yet again, the privatisation of the NHS started under Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) and Major.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 08:43 AM

Anyone signing any 38 degrees petitions should be prepared to be deluged with emails with suggestions for petitions you might want to sign.

In order to send these 'suggestions' someone somewhere must be analysing any data you submit to them not something
I am happy about having done so I have added them to my spam list and blocked them .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top