Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 09:54 AM

Re: Londoners, do you visit Harrods?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not bloody likely!!! - I'm not paying an arm and a leg for produce I can get in my local supermarket at a fraction of the cost. Idiots that go there are only paying for the 'name'.
I don't think you can compare Harrods food hall to Lidls.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 09:57 AM

Been to Harrods a few times but I think I just bought some saffron hot cross buns. The food hall is amazing, expensive but definitely an experience. I found some things a bit 'tacky', I suppose that was the Arab influence.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 10:07 AM

We had a theatre weekend break in London with our daughter and SIL years ago and we visited Harrods while we there. The men saw the prices in there and promptly said they would wait outside for us. We spent ages in there looking for anything that was affordable ..... just because my daughter wanted a Harrods carrier bag! . I can’t even remember what she bought now
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I went once , the place was so packed with people you couldn't move . I hated it , so materialistic , I did think I'd love it seeing how the other half live , but I couldn't get out quick enough .

Someone told me it's £ 8 for a cup of coffee , I wouldn't waste my money
omg, how can they justify £8 for a coffee????? Talk about ripping people off
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't think you can compare Harrods food hall to Lidls.
I love Lidl, especially their pea and ham soup, mmmmmmm
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I'm watching a Bizarre Foods episode where Andrew Zimmern is visiting Harrods market and omg, the place looks amazing. It's like a palace of different foods and I'd give anything to visit London and go to that market.

Do any of you visit it regularly? Do you love it? Hate it? What's it like? What are your favorite things there? It looks delightful.
I prefer Fortnum and Mason's.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's true Harrods is an experience if you are visiting London but it's extremely expensive ridiculously so to be honest ..Good to look though but the Yorkshire in me won't allow many purchases.
Do you go to the Malton Food Lovers Fair in May? I have gone for the last three years - it is brilliant.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
omg, how can they justify £8 for a coffee????? Talk about ripping people off

Price list.
https://images.harrods.com/content/h...enus_main-menu

No dearer then anywhere in central London and tbh, if I go for a coffee here locally in NI, it's £4
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-04-2018, 02:14 PM

I agree it's expensive but you pay for the ambience.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 03:22 PM

love Harrods ..could spend a whole day in there ' if i can drag myself from the perfume counter ....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top