Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 10:24 PM

Panic attacks

Mine are getting worse but not the classic sort. I just keep waking in the middle of the night. Sometimes I post on here when I can't get back to sleep. Last night was really bad though because I couldn't nod off again. I can't remember when I last slept through the whole night.

Anyone here sleep like a babe?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 10:36 PM

Re: Panic attacks

That must be rotten for you, Annie, waking like that.
Is it insomnia though or panic attacks?

Providing I don't need the loo, or my dog's don't wake me, I will sleep for England, always been the same.

About the only thing that might disturb my sleep is if my back is playing up, or I have something serious on my mind - oh, or next door's flippin' cat wailing under my window when it's in season!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 10:56 PM

I wake up periodically, and in the past, often couldn't get back to sleep.

But I don't think what you're describing are panic attacks.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 11:04 PM

I never sleep well and dread going to bed as my sleep is so disturbed .
I wake up in the small hours every day .
Usually I go into the spare room to read .
Every few days I take half a sominex tablet which makes me sleep a little more but It's not good sleep.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 11:07 PM

I think it's anxiety that's waking me though. I thought it might be a noise but it has turned into a habit now where I am feeling quite upset after I wake with anxious thoughts and I feel like a zombie the next day and also feeling quite down in the day. Dreading to go to bed now because I'm sure it will happen again tonight

I used to suffer from insomnia years ago but in the case of that I'd wake without the horrid feelings. I hope I'm not heading for a breakdown. Lack of a good night's rest is a classic symptom.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-04-2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I never sleep well and dread going to bed as my sleep is so disturbed .
I wake up in the small hours every day .
Usually I go into the spare room to read .
Every few days I take half a sominex tablet which makes me sleep a little more but It's not good sleep.
I take Kalms but last night they didn't work at all. I have diazepam for emergencies, maybe I will take on tonight. It's so frustrating isn't it. You feel exhausted yet you cannot sleep through the night.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 11:10 PM

I don't think you're heading for a breakdown; it's just a disturbance in your sleep pattern which I'm sure many of us get at times.

Taking a diazepam is a good idea.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-04-2018, 11:16 PM

It's affecting my day to day emotions though Ffosse so that can't be normal? I felt very low today but maybe the sudden change to cold weather didn't help either. I've been doing too much. It just feels there are never enough hours in the day.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-04-2018, 11:28 PM

Perhaps your day-to-day emotions are affecting your sleep? Whatever it is, I hope you get over it quickly and, I agree, the change from warm sunny weather to grey and cool can't be good for anyone.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:24 AM

Hi Annie , your not alone with this and I can empathize, on occasions I can be hit with anxiety , although I'm happy living alone I can become fearful of things in life and my mind becomes my enemy and causes anxiety to kick in . When this happens at night I listen to a guided meditation tape by the side of my bed , if you listen to the words your mind can't speak to you if you get my meaning , the words of the meditation take you on a journey of peace . In the past I listened to music but my mind could still cause issues whereas words are calming

I wish you peace x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top