Join for free
Page 50 of 56 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 04:48 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No Boris cannot do this legally and you have to date been unable to provide any evidence that he is employed outside the temporary civil servant/spad framework. When will you provide evidence that he is not an adviser and is not a civil servant? All you have provided to date are assertions.
Just check out his title.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 05:15 PM

Driving Instructors Slam Ministers And Tory MPs For Backing Dominic Cummings’ Defective Eyesight Motoring Offense

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton.../#335937885e7c

U.K. law is clear: driving with impaired vision is illegal. Yet Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s senior aide Dominic Cummings openly admitted to this offense during a one-hour press conference in 10 Downing Street’s garden on May 25.

“My eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease,” Cummings read from a prepared statement, adding that he had arranged with his wife to “go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely.”

In subsequent radio and TV interviews, government ministers and Tory MPs have tied themselves in knots supporting Cummings’ law-breaking, 30-mile drive to Barnard Castle, County Durham.

Driving instructor bodies, motoring organizations, former police chiefs, and MPs have reacted with amazement to Cummings’ original claims and the subsequent support they have received.

Sir Peter Fahy, the former chief constable of Manchester Police, told BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme that the drive to Barnard Castle was “not the way to test your eyesight and put, potentially, other people in danger.”

Edmund King, the President of the Automobile Association said that, in 2018, uncorrected or defective eyesight contributed to 196 road crashes, three of them involving fatalities. When asked whether Cummings’s driving with defective vision could be considered a “fair and reasonable thing to do,” the AA president answered, “no—an eyesight test should be done when stationary.”

Lawyer David Allen Green told the Financial Times that Cummings’ explanation of driving to test for defective vision was “preposterous.” Social media was aflame with mockery of the eyesight claim minutes after Cummings made it.

Road Traffic Act 1988

“If a person drives a motor vehicle on a road while his eyesight is such that he cannot comply with any requirement as to eyesight he is guilty of an offence,” states Section 96 of the UK’s Road Traffic Act 1988.
Guilt by admission - bang him up .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Far be it from me to digress, but:

Attorney general Suella Braverman belongs to controversial Buddhist sect

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-buddhist-sect

Attorney general faces calls to resign after she defends Dominic Cummings

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ella-braverman

Braverman's obviously another one of "them", who thinks, like Cummings, that power gives them the right to do and say what they like .....
Clutching at straws now eh?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Clutching at straws now eh?
Rather, informing the uninformed poster, who used the AG as a reference in a post without even knowing what sex the AG is or how the AG rates on the credibility scale .....
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 06:47 PM

I worry for your sanity Omah
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I'm not sure if it's "trolling" or a "wind-up" in spades.

I'd be relieved if it was either or both.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
👍👍👍

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No Boris cannot do this legally and you have to date been unable to provide any evidence that he is employed outside the temporary civil servant/spad framework. When will you provide evidence that he is not an adviser and is not a civil servant? All you have provided to date are assertions.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just check out his title.
I brought up the issue about his job status a few posts ago and after doing some further checking, both myself and Annie are correct in our assessment of Cummings regarding his role a chief adviser to the PM.

Here is the evidence of Cummings job status as that of being a 'temporary civil servant'.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...ecial-advisers
Special advisers (SpAds) are political appointees hired to support ministers. They give party political advice and support that would be inappropriate for the civil service to provide.

SpAds are a specific kind of political adviser first introduced in 1964. They are appointed as a temporary civil servant.
You was wrong all along AT, shame you have the same arrogant attitude as Cummings and unable to see your wrongs.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 08:03 PM

Its 8pm

I'm "Clapping for Cummings" ...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 08:05 PM

the media should be asking questions the public want answered. The constant questions about Cummings is getting on everyone's tits.

Page 50 of 56 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top