Join for free
Page 127 of 276 « First < 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I might try watching TV as I'm fed up with reading.
Yes, it might make a change.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:47 PM

Just came to say Goodnight Dreamy.
I wanted to wish you Happy Birthday for the morning. X
I will start a proper thread for you tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:48 AM

Not feeling good, want to just go home, am all packed and ready, but no sign of my doctor. There will be calcium tablets they'll want to give me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:00 AM

Now I find that there are a whole load of injections I must take at home. I definitely didn't have this with the first round of methotrexate.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Now I find that there are a whole load of injections I must take at home. I definitely didn't have this with the first round of methotrexate.

You've joined the club matey and become an NHS pin cushion!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-07-2018, 10:37 AM

Happy Birthday my special friend.
I am glad you are going home.
I will check here later.
I see that you are waiting.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-07-2018, 11:24 AM

I'm back home now. The doctor says that I don't have to take these injections, just the calcium tablets.

My hands and arms are bruised from all the injections for putting in cannulae and taking blood. They've never been in such a state before. It took 3 nurses 7 goes to put in a cannula on Saturday. And with one of them, some of the liquid spilled out from my vein into the surrounding tissue so that area is all hard and pink. They say it will be OK in a few days.

That stay really took it out of me and I didn't think it would. Being moved into a 4 bed bay last night didn't help - it was far too hot and upset my rhythm. I didn't sleep much last night.

Back to the hospital for an MRI on Thursday, then a CT scan the week after. It's all become very exhausting.

My neighbour Shirley offered to go to the chemist for me to get my repeat prescription which I thought was very good of her - I have no energy at all today. She's also going into Crombies to buy a couple of filled rolls for me which will be nice as they make the best in Edinburgh.

My sister Anne came and visited me yesterday. She says that she always gets lost coming to visit me and I'm not surprised; the hospital is labyrynthine with all its corridors and lifts.

Still, that's it done - no more treatment other than the scans. I do wonder how long it'll take before I find I have more energy?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-07-2018, 12:22 PM

At least you are home Dreamy. x
All large hospitals are the same, I get lost in the Poole Hospital.
Now as I am unable to post on THAT Birthday thread.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-07-2018, 12:37 PM

Thank you for the card, Sweetie - I love it.

Just watching Pawn Stars on TV. I quite like it as people often bring in interesting historical items and they usually get appraised and a cost put on them. Then it's up to the owner whether or not they will sell.

I've got loads of films to watch, too.

Mainly I'm just glad to be back in my own home - hospital is necessary but I do miss my home. I can control the temperature with my fan even though it's a bit loud.

I've done a washing and it's hanging out to dry now - in hospital I wore a different set of clothes each each day but it was complicated having to get my drip detached for 20 minutes. Plus, the dressing on my arms would always get wet and need to be changed. Having a cannula in each arm was the worst, though, all I could really do was read and play on my phone, not moving much at all.

It was quite good getting out so early as I avoided any fuss over my birthday, ie. gateaux I wouldn't really want. You have to say your name and birthday each time they give you certain controlled drugs, so I always had nurses asking me what was I going to do on my Birthday, would I still be in etc. Monday was always the day I thought I would get out though. I don't think I could have withstood much more of hospital.

Depressingly, I still keep 2 bags packed in case I suddenly have to go in as I have before.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-07-2018, 12:47 PM

My you have been busy, my lovely friend. x
Just relax and enjoy your TV.
I will pop back later and check on you.
Gosh, I sound like a nurse.

Page 127 of 276 « First < 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top