Join for free
Page 175 of 276 « First < 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:45 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

The fever is over but I'm still in some pain - must take some paracetamol.

I've done nothing but watch TV all day - felt terrible. Just in the past half hour I've gone downstairs for some food. I got a cherry cola which probably wasn't the best thing for me but I craved the sweetness and fizziness. I got a few other things including milk.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
The fever is over but I'm still in some pain - must take some paracetamol.

I've done nothing but watch TV all day - felt terrible. Just in the past half hour I've gone downstairs for some food. I got a cherry cola which probably wasn't the best thing for me but I craved the sweetness and fizziness. I got a few other things including milk.
Sorry, you are in pain still Dreamy.
Do try a little food. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:16 PM

I will try - just not hungry, though.

I'm still not sure exactly what I went through. I do remember going to bed at 4pm and sleeping through til 10 the next morning, but my sleep was full of nightmares and periodically I would get up to vomit or for diarrhoea. Strange period of sickness it doesn't even match my worst in hospital.

Perhaps I should have stayed in hospital - they were quite bullish into trying to find the infection (if there ever was an infection) which raised my body temperature. As it is, I'm to undergo another CAT scan at some point.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:19 PM

I will try - just not hungry, though.

I'm still not sure exactly what I went through. I do remember going to bed at 4pm and sleeping through til 10 the next morning, but my sleep was full of nightmares and periodically I would get up to vomit or for diarrhoea. Strange period of sickness it doesn't even match my worst in hospital.
Let us hope that is the end of it Dreamy.
You must keep hydrated, and try just a nibble of something to keep your strength up.
I hope tonight is a better night. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

06-12-2018, 09:21 PM

Tonight couldn't be worse (I'm praying). I'm going to take some oxycodone liquid which should at least put my body in a relaxed state.

Is a chocolate bar OK to eat this time of night? I couldn't face anything savoury.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-12-2018, 09:44 PM

Tonight couldn't be worse (I'm praying). I'm going to take some oxycodone liquid which should at least put my body in a relaxed state.

Is a chocolate bar OK to eat this time of night? I couldn't face anything savoury.
Yes of course. xxxxx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

06-12-2018, 09:56 PM

Thanks, Sweetie, it's so hard to fathom what's going on at times.

I really feel for elderly people who live on their own. It's been bad enough being middle-aged and alone during periods of acute illness, but somehow I've managed.

For an elderly person on their own, though, I despair at what they must go through during periods of hospitalisation. Who gets their clothes for them? or cleans the house of perishables etc.?

I haven't even gotten round to repacking my hospital bags of things I might need - the thought is so depressing.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-12-2018, 10:02 PM

Thanks, Sweetie, it's so hard to fathom what's going on at times.

I really feel for elderly people who live on their own. It's been bad enough being middle-aged and alone during periods of acute illness, but somehow I've managed.

For an elderly person on their own, though, I despair at what they must go through during periods of hospitalisation. Who gets their clothes for them? or cleans the house of perishables etc.?

I haven't even gotten round to repacking my hospital bags of things I might need - the thought is so depressing.
Yes, my lovely friend, I had a thread last Christmas, the very thought of anyone being alone at Christmas upsets me, let alone if they are ill. I do voluntary work to ease that.
I just wish I lived nearer to you. xxx
Try not to worry, maybe that was the end of it, and you are just weak.
Keep us posted. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

06-12-2018, 10:08 PM

I hope I'm not too weak to walk to the Co-Op tomorrow to buy some fruit (apples, bananas, grapes) but doubt it somehow. I haven't even shaved yet or had a bath - perhaps I should make that my priority for tomorrow.

I'm envious of normal people without illness who can just do what they want where I feel normal activities so momentous.

I try and feel grateful for small things and not descend into self-pity but it is so hard at times.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-12-2018, 10:27 PM

I hope I'm not too weak to walk to the Co-Op tomorrow to buy some fruit (apples, bananas, grapes) but doubt it somehow. I haven't even shaved yet or had a bath - perhaps I should make that my priority for tomorrow.

I'm envious of normal people without illness who can just do what they want where I feel normal activities so momentous.

I try and feel grateful for small things and not descend into self-pity but it is so hard at times.
I wouldn't push yourself too hard Dreamy.
Is there no-one that can shop for you?
It is NOT self-pity, you have been through SO much!
Being SO ill makes us all feel weak and miserable, I often have a grizzle if I am very ill.

Page 175 of 276 « First < 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top