Join for free
Page 68 of 70 « First < 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:42 AM

Re: Gay marriage

Originally Posted by JimmyC ->
Wow! Azz, the subtext in that last sentence is deafening, (or blinding)!

{Only homosexual people are decent: only homosexual people are worth preserving: all who don't support homosexuals are ancient irrelevancies and will inevitably destroy civilisation.} Wow, again...

No, it's not just gay people who are decent. It's those who let people live their lives however they please without persecuting others for being different; whether that's by knives or hurtful words or actions.

You could do a lot worse than take a leaf out of their book.
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

22-03-2017, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
No, it's not just gay people who are decent. It's those who let people live their lives however they please without persecuting others for being different; whether that's by knives or hurtful words or actions.

You could do a lot worse than take a leaf out of their book.
See the irony, Azz?

In this current social climate, I'm the one who is "different". But apparently it's okay to persecute me for it...

Your last sentence is an implied condemnation based upon my opinion, and as such I find it insulting.

It's also unsolicited advice, and that's not your role. Kindly keep your "life lessons" to yourself.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 12:01 PM

Julie, my friend, I really wish you'd start calling me Jimmy, instead of "Others".

I totally and completely and utterly agree that "others" should stop trying to make other "others" from feeling the way they do!

You get my point, I'm sure.
There was more than you I was addressing Jimmy, you aren't alone in your views at all which I find sad. I've never been made to feel anything in my life, we all chose his we react to people different to ourselves, I chose acceptance and to let them live equally in our society. Let them marry, have kids and live happy lives.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There was more than you I was addressing Jimmy, you aren't alone in your views at all which I find sad. I've never been made to feel anything in my life, we all chose his we react to people different to ourselves, I chose acceptance and to let them live equally in our society. Let them marry, have kids and live happy lives.
I don't think his views are sad....they are his and that's all he is saying......I respect him immensely for stating them, sticking by them and airing them. He certainly doesn't need pity or people feeling sad.....in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he finds it insulting.

He has made some very interesting and valid points...whether I agree is irrelevant.

I'll give an example of what I see as insulting....in Manchester we have an area known as The Gay Village, on Canal Street....there's a standing joke amongst the gay community that the area should be known as Anal Treet, the road sign is often vandalised with white paint taking off the C & S.....by gay people. This I find insulting especially when I took my young kids to the market days held there.

All should be treated equally and with respect and this goes both ways....If you want equality then act in a way that earns equality...not in a way that seperates you from the rest.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 12:31 PM

I didn't say jimmys views were sad tpin I said they made me feel sad a subtle difference there in what I wrote and what you read

I agree all should be treated equally I think these streets were made originally to keep gay people safe, they knew they could meet someone in safety.

I think they've probably outlived their original purpose. But how to actually insist they close is a whole other discussion I think.

Oh and we have pucks hill here, hasn't had a full p in many a year !
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I didn't say jimmys views were sad tpin I said they made me feel sad a subtle difference there in what I wrote and what you read

I agree all should be treated equally I think these streets were made originally to keep gay people safe, they knew they could meet someone in safety.

I think they've probably outlived their original purpose. But how to actually insist they close is a whole other discussion I think.

Oh and we have pucks hill here, hasn't had a full p in many a year !
I wouldn't want the bars to close...it's a Manchester landmark now....and a bloody good night out.

My wife used to be a ballerina at The Northern Ballet and most of her best pal's were gay male dancers...all wonderfully flamboyant and ott...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-03-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I wouldn't want the bars to close...it's a Manchester landmark now....and a bloody good night out.

My wife used to be a ballerina at The Northern Ballet and most of her best pal's were gay male dancers...all wonderfully flamboyant and ott...
I've never been so have no idea. Sounds like it just needs the vandals sorted out rather than the gay people moved.

Been to gay pride London though if it's anything like that it would be a brilliant night out
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 06:15 PM

See the irony, Azz?

In this current social climate, I'm the one who is "different". But apparently it's okay to persecute me for it...

Your last sentence is an implied condemnation based upon my opinion, and as such I find it insulting.

It's also unsolicited advice, and that's not your role. Kindly keep your "life lessons" to yourself.

Oh please.

If you are a straight white male then you are in one of the most privileged positions in society when it comes to facing discrimination.

Nobody is persecuting you for who you are. People are (quite rightly) objecting to your views which are considered out-dated and backwards.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 06:23 PM

Haha, thanks, Rehab.

But I must admit I am getting a bit sick of the topic. It's very much a weighted argument these days. Funny thing, all I'm asking for is equality.....
We will have to wait a bloody long time mate
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Oh please.

If you are a straight white male then you are in one of the most privileged positions in society when it comes to facing discrimination.

Nobody is persecuting you for who you are. People are (quite rightly) objecting to your views which are considered out-dated and backwards.
Well I guess I will be condemned too, because I agree with the thrust of Jimmy C's posts.
I have never considered myself out-dated or backward, it's another couple of labels I can add to my list.
Am I bovvered? Nah! Not a lot

Page 68 of 70 « First < 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top