Join for free
Page 20 of 70 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 08:16 AM

Re: Gay marriage

The subject of gay marriage always gets a few knickers in a twist. Why not resurrect the old abortion thread instead? Pheeeew.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 08:34 AM

I have gay friends who married and a friend who had an abortion. They are all nice people.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 08:50 AM

I have never met gay people who weren't nice, but heaps of 'straight' people who think it's their right to deny them certain rights.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I have never met gay people who weren't nice, but heaps of 'straight' people who think it's their right to deny them certain rights.
I couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you.
I have been invited to a female/female wedding in 3 weeks time..Their love for each other is so real..so tender..

How can we deny marriage to 2 people who love each other so much?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There has never been a better case for a couple of buckets of cold water.
What, for you & your shadow?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by david ->
I remember back in the late 50s when Australia had a huge influx of Poms.
Why not they came here for 10 Quid and to a far better Country and lifestyle.
Of course they were ribbed and the most common saying that emerged was they made Homo's legal back home and they escaped before they made it compulsory.
We in Australia are not there yet BUT they allowed a couple of them to be married in Canberra. Why not there all a load of P##FS in Canberra.
After they were married the Attorney General announced that the marriage was not legal.
We are still VERY mixed here in Australia about the whole thing.
Yes we have the biggest Mardi Gras in the world where you can go and watch them displaying themselves But to most Aussies in discussions they are widely referred as P@@@@@@S. Never Gay.
Hmmmm, what we hear about Australians is true

Also, what's Australia have to be proud of? Wasn't the whole place full of convicts at one time??
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

06-07-2014, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Neither am I - just against exhibitionists, which a fair few are. The same goes for straight people too.
I'm against any kind of exhibitionism as well, gay or straight. In Toronto every year, there's a. Gay Pride Day. There's a parade, mostly gays & some straights but it just gives everyone an excuse to flaunt 1/2 nakedness, necking, etc in public along the route. You don't see Straight Parades.
That sort of thing is very questionable but it sure is popular!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

06-07-2014, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Even as a Christian I see much of the old testament as grossly offensive and more about the time it was written than what God and Jesus actually stand for.
I completely agree!
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 12:23 AM

I quickly glanced at the pages, 2 comments stuck to mind......someone said "they are perverts' another said "it is making a mockery out of marriage"

First of all they are not perverts, they are just as you and I just with a different sexual orientation. I wonder if the poster that said they were perverts, would still feel the same way if one of her children told her they were gay.

Mockery out of marriage ? What about the heterosexual couple that get married and cheat on each other ? or are abusive to each other ? Ore the couple that gets married just for convenience sake, that is that ok ?

If 2 people who are in love want to get married, I don't care what they are....go for it and be happy As for children, even some heterosexual couples have to adopt or go through medical procedures to have children. Even many heterosexual families break up and the child is left been raised by only the mother or the father.

A gay couple has the same choices of adopting or going through medical procedures too....and as long as the child is loved, nurtured and cherished, I don't care who raises him/her. 2 women, 2 men, one woman and 1 man, 1 woman or 1 man, it doesn't matter, the child will only feel the love these parents have for him.

My best friend happens to be gay, I knew her 2 years before she came out and told me, nothing changed, she was still who she was before I knew she was gay

Page 20 of 70 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top