Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 05:27 PM

Re: How do you handle conflict?

Originally Posted by summer ->
Had to look up Spetsnaz... scary
Hi

They are very scary Summer.

We are often on the same side though,especially when it comes to ISIS.

I am the old man, they respect that, good at Chemicals.

I would not last 10 seconds otherwise.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 05:50 PM

I have, in the past, been got to by people in forums and in turn have baited others. These days, and particularly with this forum I have found a friendly bunch of people.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 05:55 PM

I don't let these things get me down
I'll throw all my toys out of the pram and stamp my feet.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I am really enjoying all this advice....and I am taking it all in and going to apply it to my forum life...as I know you are all trying to help me here.
Thank you...all of you...
Glad to hear that ... you've as much right to be here as anyone else.
Newcomer, old timer ... makes no difference.

We got off on the wrong foot.
So we'll put the new one forward.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Excellent!

Ill put the kettle on...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, It sounds like you’re saying, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!!

I suppose, that we don’t know each other personally, doesn’t help. We are all just names on a page!
Well we all had to get to know each other and we all found the people we could relate to. I enjoy posting with nearly all the regulars now....but there was a time when I didn't understand their sense of humour or how friendly they were.
I always think it wise to read and learn how people post, before you start posting on the threads where people can be aggressive. That is how you get to know people!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I don't let these things get me down
I'll throw all my toys out of the pram and stamp my feet.
Doesn't that make you fall and bump your head when you get out to stamp your feet!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I have responded to many posts in the past in the way I felt at the time; but, I also see that waiting and seeing how things play out may be a better course of action.

I do have to say though it's often hard not to react and say how pissed or hurt I am..... but, maybe there is a better way?

Opinions?

I am here to learn, but I need your help.
Serious replies only will be appreciated. Thanks
I have a low conflict threshold..most conflicts that I have been involved in have ended in violence, it’s a character failing of mine
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:54 PM

Wild Blueberry, it would seem that the number of responders to your original post, indicates that you have been accepted .
We all have different levels of tolerance, but it doesn't always mean that it's attributed to a particular person.
All have different backgrounds, different locations, different experiences that can make them into keyboard warriors , although if we feel we are being targeted unfairly then we are perfectly at liberty to respond accordingly .
As Longdogs said, sometimes the wrong word can be picked up on and changed within another's perception of what is actually intended .
Anyway, I think you have put forward some very interesting posts and points. It's not you, so don't run away, stand your ground and don't be bullied.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:36 PM

I try to be fairly calculating in how I handle and respond to conflict. If I get annoyed at something, I sit and wait a little while. If I find I am still annoyed after having waited and nobody else has responded, I gather my thoughts together and then march into battle. Quite often 'though I find most things are not worth the effort of any detailed reply. Life really is too short and I know that it is not possible for people on forums to know who or what we really are - therefore, I think the vast majority of responses can only be given and taken on a superficial level.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top