Join for free
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Transferring Photo's & Documents

Have just bought Windows 8.1.

I have stored my Photo's & Documents onto a Disc.

How do I transfer the Photo's onto my new PC?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:56 PM

Re: Transferring Photo's & Documents

I'm no expert Susie but I think if you put the disc in your disc drive ... go into "this pc" ... you should see your hard drive and your disc drive .... drag and drop your disc drive into your hard drive .... the computer should put the documents and pictures in the correct place

That's what I'd try anyway
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:27 PM

As said, click on 'This PC'. Then you should see something like this:

Proceed as shown in the above screenshot.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 07:17 PM

I wonder how SusieJ got on?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 08:16 PM

Hi Martin,

Sorry I have not replied to the messages.

I have managed to transfer my Pictures and Documents with the help from Jazzi, Myrtle and yourself. Many thanks for your support.

I'm getting on alright with it, just one little problem I found tonight is:

I went into my Photobucket this evening and copied a photo to put on Over50s, but when I went to paste it, I noticed that I did not have a Taskbar at the top of the page, (i.e. File, Edit page etc) so could not paste the photo. Any idea how to get that back up on Yahoo?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-06-2015, 10:12 PM

If pasting the Photobucket link in the forum posting box, then right-clicking inside the box and choosing 'Paste' should work.

'Right-click > copy' and 'right-click > paste' are usually good ways of copying links, text and all kinds of files from one place to another.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

01-07-2015, 03:59 PM

Thank you Mart, done it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

01-07-2015, 04:00 PM

I bet you think i'm thick?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

01-07-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I bet you think i'm thick?
Not at all Susie. Computers can be confusing things sometimes. They often confuse me anyway. I don't always know the answers.

Edit: ..and there's the fact that you're having to get used to a new Windows 8.1 computer.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top