Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Re: Lock up your sheds.

Had a shed broken into a few years back - they brought a screwdriver and took the door off! Got my daughters bike but left the pet rabbits alone. I was scared to look in but they were fine.
The police came and eventually caught the thief and we could have had the bike back but chose the insurance instead.
Only have a garage now but that's stuffed full of all sorts so I do worry but what can you do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 01:05 PM

It's all very well some people saying "don't leave anything of value in there"
but its not very practical taking the mower and furniture in the kitchen at night is it!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 01:09 PM

I agree with you there Mupsy, but what's wrong with taking it in the bedroom? The chickens won't mind.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I work in me shed, it's a solid concrete structure with a large shuttered window and a reinforced heavy door with three separate locks on it, I also have a camera trained on it all the time when I'm not working there. Anything of real value is taken out when I'm not there.
sounds a bit like hitlers bunker?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 01:18 PM

all metal fixtures attached to an electrical charger that gives out a sharp jolt will do it!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 01:18 PM

I won't worry too much about it,if Folk are intent in stealing from sheds They will...unless of course You have a mini Fort Knox like Our Jem has :~)...My mind's boggling thinking what He has in there,heh heh.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I agree with you there Mupsy, but what's wrong with taking it in the bedroom? The chickens won't mind.

I suppose I could squeeze it in between the chickens, the dogs and the goat, but that would mean I'd have to sleep in the shed.
Still, at least they wouldn't steal me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 02:05 PM

There have always been outbreaks of burglary where I am, especially back in the 80's/90's when Dublin had a heroin epidemic, our house was broken into once, it's an experience one never forgets, we have a good neighborhood watch now but there are still a few breakins, as someone has rightly said if they want to get in anywhere they will. No use letting the police know unless it's for insurance purposes, they will tell you they know who's doing it but can't get any evidence on them.
@May.
I have some small machinery and tools of no use to anyone unless they were in the trade, a TV and an old computer, oh I nearly forgot, I have an old Japanese chap in there, he came with the shed when I moved in and he's great craic, he's been there since the last war, I hadn't got the heart to tell him it was over and they lost, I'll put in a good word for you if your interested.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 03:09 PM

Vely funny Jem,:~) ...but I was sure You'd stolen the Blarney Stone and were hiding it in Your shed..;~)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top