Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 07:16 AM

Re: psychics and mediums

It's a little known fact that Tea Bags were invented so Tasseography students could refine their art by way of Correspondence Courses.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 08:00 AM

I have wanted to move nearer my grandchildren for a long time , also would love to meet a nice companion to share life with , but I won't be doing any of what the psychic suggested unless I wanted to. I do believe there are genuine gifted mediums out there , I've heard some amazing evidence from them in the past , I've also heard and seen a lot of rubbish too. I keep an open mind .

There are many gifted mediums some evidence I've heard has been so amazing .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So you think a respected medium on stage honestly has been able to google everybody in his 'audience' before he begins speaking, Realist?.
A medium or self-professed psychic will always have done their research by whatever means prior to any event, yes.

On TV for example, Derren Brown, who always makes it plainly clear that he has no psychic ability, is able to mimic a psychic and produce the same kind of reactions from audience participants. It's simple trickery and cold reading combined. In theatres audiences will be secretly filmed and recorded whilst they are waiting to go into the theatre, maybe even whilst they are in the nearby car parks. There will be all manner of stooges milling about pretending to be members of the audience standing and waiting with everyone else. Easy to strike up a conversation with someone.
e.g. To man in red shirt

Stooge - "God I'm sick of waiting how long will it be, it took me an hour and a half to drive here from Birmingham"

Red Shirt Man - "I know, my wife & I drove from Manchester, took us just over an hour"

Stooge - "They should hand out free drinks whilst we are standing here, I could murder a G&T"

Red Shirt Man - "The wife would love that ! She's just gone to buy a packet of sweets from the kiosk. She drinks G&Ts all the time but I'm a beer man. She had a memorable episode with her sister last year in Benidorm after having a few too many Ginties! "

Stooge - "Last time I was here we came to see Carmen so this Psychic show should be something different"

Red Shirt Man - "Last thing we saw was 42nd Street. We do mostly musicals"

and so on

Stooge later reports to management team:

Man in red shirt, from Manchester, married, likes beer, wife likes G&Ts. Wife has a sister. Holiday in Benidorm. Like musicals. etc

Half of psychic nonsense on TV is simple research and stooged participants, rest is cold-reading where they don't actually offer facts but instead make carefully phrased statements which can then be taken in any direction.

Too much to post in a forum like this. So much already out there about cold reading and charlatans. Best just avoided.
Watch Derren Brown and Google people like James Rhandi for masterclasses on how the fraudsters do their thing.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 05:39 PM

Not that Im a beleiver in any of it but if you are a Church goer you should know..

Leviticus 19:31

“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 20:6
“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Isaiah 8:19

And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

Ive seen someone give a reading with an object,

She held the object and told the woman..I feel you have lost a dear one.
A woman a very loved woman , a mother or possibly grandmother who was so very dear to you.
You want to know how she is and she wants me to tell you she is well and at peace.

Well the object that had been given was a fine gold chain on which hung a gold crucifix with what looked like an enamel Christ figure.
Obviously quite old , the woman took it from her handbag where she had t in a zipped inside pocket wrapped in several layers of tissue papers and very carefully handed it over as if hardly daring to let it go..

Any half blind idiot could have given that reading it was a nasty con designed only to get the womans money.

On the other hand I know of a woman who went to spiritulist church to keep a neighbour company. During the meeting the medium turned to the woman and told her that an old man was singing and the song was intended for her the medium then named the song.. The song which was a very old music hall song was one this womans father had sung when she was a child ..

Coincedence?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Not that Im a beleiver in any of it but if you are a Church goer you should know..
Yep but it also says:

Matthew 18:19

“Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth concerning anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in Heaven."

Now I'm pretty sure that at least 2 people on Earth will have together agreed and asked (prayed) for cancer to be eradicated from the world. Yet we still have it. Hmmmm.

The Bible is not meant to be taken literally (imo). It is chock full of hidden code, some of which points to the process for creating the Philosopher's Stone. It contains worthy advice and interesting stories, but it's not a literal instruction.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The Bible is not meant to be taken literally (imo). It is chock full of hidden code, some of which points to the process for creating the Philosopher's Stone.
I'll have whatever it is you're drinking.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2015, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I'll have whatever it is you're drinking.
Proverbs 3: 13

"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour."

This bible quote is actually talking about the Philosopher's Stone though most would not know it.

I recommend a visit here:
http://www.divinecoders.com/

This is a simple Bible search website which lets you enter a search word and the software then looks to see if that word is CODED in the Bible text. i.e. It looks at every other letter to see if your word can be found that way, then every 3rd letter, then every 4th and so on.

e.g. The sentence:

"..st yourselves under the tree and I will fetch a morsel of bread, and stay ye your heart; after that"

contains the hidden word "SECRET"

To find it you count every 12th letter

"..st yourselveS under the treE and I will fetCh a morsel of bRead, and stay yE your heart; afTer that ye shall

Clearly you could search and find pretty much ANY SINGLE word in the Bible in this way (or in any book) but to find a whole set of words that COLLECTIVELY have meaning is next to impossible. In fact it is so unlikely as to actually be impossible unless it were deliberately put there.

For example, you might search the book of Genesis for the word "PEACH" and find it, but you would not subsequently also find the words "APPLE", "BANANA", "PLUM", "ORANGE", "LIME", "KIWI" and "CHERRY".

You could easily find a whole string of unconnected words, but to find a group of hidden words that all had a connection is statistically impossible when you get to 5-8 words in a group.

I invite you to try the DivineCoders website and do your own searches for words to prove the above is true.

With that all understood, know then that I can, and have searched for 14 specific words which all appear in the "First Key" of Basilius Valentinus's work called "The Twelve keys" which is one of hundreds of cryptic works that talk about the Philosopher's Stone. I have found all 14 words in the single book of Genesis. So that's 14 words all connected by the fact that they are all KEY words mentioned in the "First Key" section of "The Twelve Keys". Some of these 14 words are:

"FIRST KEY GREY WOLF PURE GOLD SATURN MARS KING CROWN BLOOD LION" etc.

If you are interested thus far, check out "The Twelve Keys" here:

(scroll down to the first picture to find the first key)

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/twelvkey.html

Aside from all this there is also something called Gematria which refers to amazing maths encoded in the Bible based on old Hebrew code numbers. Google Gematria to learn about this.

Bottom line . . . for me anyway . . . is that the Bible is a carefully constructed set of texts containing many coded secrets. Those in the know (like the Gnostics) had the knowledge to decipher those codes.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2015, 03:13 AM

Oh boy ! And he calls himself "Realist" !?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2015, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Proverbs 3: 13

"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour."

This bible quote is actually talking about the Philosopher's Stone though most would not know it.

I recommend a visit here:
http://www.divinecoders.com/

This is a simple Bible search website which lets you enter a search word and the software then looks to see if that word is CODED in the Bible text. i.e. It looks at every other letter to see if your word can be found that way, then every 3rd letter, then every 4th and so on.

e.g. The sentence:

"..st yourselves under the tree and I will fetch a morsel of bread, and stay ye your heart; after that"

contains the hidden word "SECRET"

To find it you count every 12th letter

"..st yourselveS under the treE and I will fetCh a morsel of bRead, and stay yE your heart; afTer that ye shall

Clearly you could search and find pretty much ANY SINGLE word in the Bible in this way (or in any book) but to find a whole set of words that COLLECTIVELY have meaning is next to impossible. In fact it is so unlikely as to actually be impossible unless it were deliberately put there.

For example, you might search the book of Genesis for the word "PEACH" and find it, but you would not subsequently also find the words "APPLE", "BANANA", "PLUM", "ORANGE", "LIME", "KIWI" and "CHERRY".

You could easily find a whole string of unconnected words, but to find a group of hidden words that all had a connection is statistically impossible when you get to 5-8 words in a group.

I invite you to try the DivineCoders website and do your own searches for words to prove the above is true.

With that all understood, know then that I can, and have searched for 14 specific words which all appear in the "First Key" of Basilius Valentinus's work called "The Twelve keys" which is one of hundreds of cryptic works that talk about the Philosopher's Stone. I have found all 14 words in the single book of Genesis. So that's 14 words all connected by the fact that they are all KEY words mentioned in the "First Key" section of "The Twelve Keys". Some of these 14 words are:

"FIRST KEY GREY WOLF PURE GOLD SATURN MARS KING CROWN BLOOD LION" etc.

If you are interested thus far, check out "The Twelve Keys" here:

(scroll down to the first picture to find the first key)

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/twelvkey.html

Aside from all this there is also something called Gematria which refers to amazing maths encoded in the Bible based on old Hebrew code numbers. Google Gematria to learn about this.

Bottom line . . . for me anyway . . . is that the Bible is a carefully constructed set of texts containing many coded secrets. Those in the know (like the Gnostics) had the knowledge to decipher those codes.
I think you've switched us all off now - it's called that secret word overload! but you have told us that you a realist from nowhere - that's useful
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2015, 08:52 AM

Im completely lost.

Why would the bible be written in code ? Who would write it in code

WHY

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top