Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 02:17 PM

Re: Yes, It's Great The Army Have Been Called In But What About The Rest Of Us?

Let's face it ... .. what else can any ordinary, average citizen realistically do?

Stand on a street corner railing at extremists?
Perhaps some people feel the government should do more and are venting their insecurities and anger.
Trouble is, it's when people feel helpless and vulnerable they can easily become radical themselves.

Does anyone know if any , or many mosques have been attacked since Monday?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Let's face it ... .. what else can any ordinary, average citizen realistically do?

Perhaps some people feel the government should do more and are venting their insecurities and anger.
Trouble is, it's when people feel helpless and vulnerable they can easily become radical themselves.

Does anyone know if any , or many mosques have been attacked since Monday?
I haven't heard anything but it's the sort of thing they would probably keep quite at this time anyway.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh I know. I always laugh when they say 'People have returned to work this morning as usual'. What choice do they have? Can they ring their boss to say they won't be in until the attacks stop?
It's true ... business as usual can have a hollow ring about it after such an atrocity.

But ... the media don't help.
I was surprised to see an article in the Mail today about a couple of parents who sadly lost their daughter on Monday.
They've been and had tattoos done to honour her.
Call me funny or picky .. but their grief, something so private and personal, it seemed awful tacky to be plastered in the press showing us their new body art.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-tattoo.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 02:26 PM

It's true ... business as usual can have a hollow ring about it after such an atrocity.

But ... the media don't help.
I was surprised to see an article in the Mail today about a couple of parents who sadly lost their daughter on Monday.
They've been and had tattoos done to honour her.
Call me funny or picky .. but their grief, something so private and personal, it seemed awful tacky to be plastered in the press showing us their new body art.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-tattoo.html
I agree.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 02:30 PM

I pass the one this terrorist worshiped at, on my way to my cancer check ups, but I suspect they are keeping an eye on what happens there, because every member of that mosque claimed they had no knowledge of Salman Abedi and his father's terrorist association.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I pass the one this terrorist worshiped at, on my way to my cancer check ups, but I suspect they are keeping an eye on what happens there, because every member of that mosque claimed they had no knowledge of Salman Abedi and his father's terrorist association.
Well they said on the radio the other day that a mosque notified authorities that there was something up with Abedi. Perhaps it was a different mosque.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 05:37 PM

You make a good point.

It seems all that is being done is reactive: arresting suspects after the event.

Wouldn't it have been wiser to have arrested those suspected of planning terrorist activities before this latest bombing?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Getting on with life as normal is all that the vast majority of people can do so show their utter contempt for these terrorist scum.
But lots of people won't be getting on with life as usual.
The 22 who died in the bombing have lost their lives they have no longer a life to get on with many who had barely started life .Their families won't be getting on with life as usual either their lives have been changed for ever In a terrible way .
They will be adversely affected for the rest of their lives .
The 63 ( ?) people who were injured won't be getting on with life as usual either many have life changing injuries .
Their lives have been ruined possibly for ever
We cannot just get on with life as usual this has to stop now .
Showing contempt means nothing to terrorists on the contrary
It is they who have contempt for us .
We must act aggressively towards them and in this case first call is their families if they are not British born they have to be deported . So any other wannbee suicide bombers know what happens with affect their families adversely too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But lots of people won't be getting on with life as usual.
The 22 who died in the bombing have lost their lives they have no longer a life to get on with many who had barely started life .Their families won't be getting on with life as usual either their lives have been changed for ever In a terrible way .
They will be adversely affected for the rest of their lives .
The 63 ( ?) people who were injured won't be getting on with life as usual either many have life changing injuries .
Their lives have been ruined possibly for ever
We cannot just get on with life as usual this has to stop now .
Showing contempt means nothing to terrorists on the contrary
It is they who have contempt for us .
We must act aggressively towards them and in this case first call is their families if they are not British born they have to be deported . So any other wannbee suicide bombers know what happens with affect their families adversely too.
I agree completely.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 07:55 PM

And I agree totally. Symbolic gestures and mealy-mouthed platitudes are of no use.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top