Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Hospital Food

Hospital food is there to nourish us when we need it the most...or should be !

Are the complainers justified or simply fussy eaters !

Article and photos
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...K-s-wards.html

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:14 AM

Re: Hospital Food

I found the hospital food was very good when I had to be in hospital recently,(The Norfolk and Norwich Hospital)I couldnt eat much of it but what I could was very good and there was also a very good variety of it to choose from.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 12:38 PM

My husband enjoyed his food in the ashford hospital when he had his knee replacement only thing he said was portion sizes were small but he said laying in bed he understood he needed less calories.
He hated food in Guildford and in the London hospital he was in and was ill after eating at St. Peter's chertsey. Nothing like a bit of salmonella to help your recovery!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 01:07 PM

Well Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford is not very nice, they bring the food in and heat it up in the Microwave.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 01:13 PM

When I was hospitalised a couple of years ago, the food was so awful I did not eat or drink a thing except a banana and a few glasses of water in the whole time I was there (7 days)
I lost two stone with the worry and the enforced fasting.
My surgeon was so concerned he sent me home early !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 04:13 PM

Nothing whatsoever wrong with hospital food the complainers should be bloody thankful that they aren't in Russia or China where they would probably only get cabbage soup. For gawds sakes grow up and stop being like spoilt brats!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 04:54 PM

I had the misfortune to be in hospital (Princess Royal Hospital Haywards Heath) over Xmas (2011) having my hip replaced for a second time. I could not fault the food throughout the entire time I was there - it was fabulous, as you all know I'm no slouch when it comes to food!!!

On Xmas day we had the full xmas lunch - roast Turkey and all the trimmings and Xmas pudding with Brandy sauce for 'afters'.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 04:57 PM

Having spent time in hospital every month since May through to October i was pleasanty surprised at the standard and range of food provided. Never went hungry always a decent choice. However by the end of my stays i did find the menu which repeats every two weeks to start to feel a bit limiting.

Easily sorted by a trip too the restaurant for a change. Bacon sarnies on Sunday morning being one such treat, some patients got a takeaway in, and the smell wafting down the wards was so tempting.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Nothing whatsoever wrong with hospital food the complainers should be bloody thankful that they aren't in Russia or China where they would probably only get cabbage soup. For gawds sakes grow up and stop being like spoilt brats!!
I suppose it depends on what you are used to, we eat the best food, perfectly cooked, the hospital served up slop.
Cabbage soup would have been very welcome.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 10:57 AM

When I was in hospital last year I liked the food. My favourite was the broccoli/cheese quiche and the breakfast burrito.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top