Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 03:23 PM

Re: Google closing Picasa

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I’ve been using Photobucket for years. It’s free to use.
So have I, ever since I had my first pc, people were very helpful & recommended Photobucket when I wanted to post a photo. It has been changed from time to time & I do grumble about it sometimes, but I like it really.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
For anyone using Picasa you need to find an alternative.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...er+Freeware%29
Oh! dear, I didn't know that Solo, so thanks for the info.
I use that, so yes I am going to have to find an alternative,
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Oh! dear, I didn't know that Solo, so thanks for the info.
I use that, so yes I am going to have to find an alternative,

Picasa will stay open but with a limited function cos they want you to use Google photos.

It's all getting a bit much isn't it !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Picasa will stay open but with a limited function cos they want you to use Google photos.

It's all getting a bit much isn't it !

So will will have to install a new programme?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 06:46 PM

I have shared photos using Photobucket for many years. The service can have its hiccups from time to time but it has been generally good ..apart from the adverts some visitors can get when they go there. I paid a subscription this year. Just something I start doing when I've been using a service freely for ages.

Another option that may not have been thought about: ISPs might offer some personal web space to their customers. This being included in the package at no extra cost. Virgin Media gives 200 megabytes of space. Not the same as the gigabytes some places offer but 200mB is enough to store quite a few photos. My web site is stored on Virgin Media's web space. I'll sometimes give links to photos on there because I know people won't see any ads. The link below leads to an image on my VM web space:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boots44...carddemo-1.jpg

To get it to display as an image, just surround the link with image tags.

Might be worth finding out if your ISP offers free web space and if so, learn how to upload images to it.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 07:13 PM

Thanks for reminder.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 10:50 PM

Just a test.

From Picassa web.

From Google photos.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 11:30 PM

Picassa is the much sharper of the two.
I have never used it though. I use photobucket to post on places & the app with the camera to enhance photo's if needed, or Photobuckets apps.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 11:50 PM

This was uploaded to Google Photos. Often it can't be seen.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Picassa is the much sharper of the two.
I have never used it though. I use photobucket to post on places & the app with the camera to enhance photo's if needed, or Photobuckets apps.
Yes it is Tiffany, because that is what it was saved as, but GP enlarges the image and it is softer. I dont like Photobucket and its a shame that both Flickr and Picassa went the same way.

I have over 2500 images on Picassa and will try to download them back to my computer, and if Google try to mess with them too much will simply delete the albums.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top