Join for free
Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:17 PM

Re: Brexit, The Lies.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We are the ones initiating Brexit with no plan. Voters have a right to see what implications that has and these papers should be public property.
Of course. You are keen to reverse Brexit and allowing our voters (and hence the EU) to see our plans would certainly help, wouldn't it?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Strange that rich speculators were putting pressure on people to vote for Brexit.

I was led to believe that big businessmen were largely set against Brexit for some reason. Perhaps something to do with cheap labour.
Not big businesses but investors, hedge funds etc. Such as Odey who made £220m.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:18 PM

Not big businesses but investors, hedge funds etc. Such as Odey who made £220m.
The two are often the same people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:22 PM

Of course. You are keen to reverse Brexit and allowing our voters (and hence the EU) to see our plans would certainly help, wouldn't it?
You can maybe explain how you have come to this conclusion? Why would seeing a scoping exercise much of which the EU could glean simply by watching select committee meetings affect negotiations? This information is freely available but voters who don't follow it have a right to see it published. Is this all a preamble to the totalitarian state you would like in place post Brexit?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-11-2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You would risk the negotiations just to see the papers because you have a right ? I'm of the opinion we don't need to see everything we elect these people to do the job.
You have said one of the reasons you voted was because the people we voted in don't do what they say they will. In any event i think its those people that have requested sight of the papers. My understanding is that it is parliament who are requesting the government releases secret papers.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:41 PM

Hi

Brexit is only a big thing here in the UK.

It was a narrow vote to leave and even the Brexiteers are still arguing amongst themselves on the best way to go.

The EU have just accepted that it will happen, got their act together and are moving on with things.

They have decided how the negotiations will be arranged, agreed it at Heads of Government level and are sticking with it.

The best thing for them is to agree a free trade deal for goods and agriculture and to exclude services.

That is a win, win for them, but not for the UK, as most of our exports to them are services, not goods.

It will all depend on how good our negotiators are.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No that would have been taking us in without our permission, that's about to be righted.

And documents signed and ratified without royal assent thus giving our sovereignty away. A referendum was given to vote to remain or leave, why wasn't one given to accept or refuse the Lisbon and Maastricht treaties which were major constitutional changes?

Vested interests, that's why.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-11-2017, 07:04 PM

You can maybe explain how you have come to this conclusion?
Yes. It is quite simple. Just about everything you say on this and some other threads suggests that you would much prefer the UK to remain within the EU.

It's not rocket science.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-11-2017, 07:11 PM

Yes. It is quite simple. Just about everything you say on this and some other threads suggests that you would much prefer the UK to remain within the EU.

It's not rocket science.
So you are refusing to answer my question on how releasing these documents will put a halt on brexit. You have made an assertion but as usual you are unable to substantiate this with facts.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-11-2017, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
It was a narrow vote to leave and even the Brexiteers are still arguing amongst themselves on the best way to go.
I must take issue with that statement.

Yes, I have seen a lot of arguing about the best way to go with regard to Brexit, but that has mainly been the remainiacs who are doing their level best to reverse that 'narrow decision' for us to leave.

I have lost count of the number of tactics they have attempted to play in their cause. I find them pathetic, rather like the young child who lost the game and announced that he's taking his bat and ball home.

Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top