Join for free
Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 02:13 PM

Re: Brexit, The Lies.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do agree with you on that point Julie.

I just want to get out with the best possible deal and get on with life.
I'm a little afraid some remainers would rather see uk fail than admit they were wring and we can go it alone. I'm sure there used to be words for people like that !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 02:25 PM

I just want to get out with the best possible deal and get on with life.
Surely, this has been said many times by many people, but no-one has dared to be specific.

Perhaps I may offer a challenge. I'd be very interested to read people's suggestions.

What, specifically, would you like to see as a deal with the EU?

What would you expect from them?

What should we give in return?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Hi

Remain in Euratom, stupid not to.

We should leave a year later, 31March 2020, the end of the funding we signed up for, so no exit payment.

The best we can hope for is a continuation of free access for goods and agriculture, that way will not affect industry or agriculture.

There is no way they will let us export services to them, which are our main exports, they will be taking those are they are outside WTO Rules.

We use the time to sort out the mess Liam Fox had got us into with the Free Trade Deals we have with 50 other Countries as part of the EU.

We do not try and do things on the cheap, we hire as many trade negotiators as we need, which is lots, pay them 25% above the going rate to get the best and start negotiating Free Trade Deals round the world, to take effect on the day we leave.

That is perfectly legal under the rules.

We use this time to announce who we use our EU Membership funds to fund agriculture and business currently funded by the EU.

Business needs certainty for long term planning.

We use this time to get our Borders sorted out so we effectively cut Immigration.

We start free training of nurses, engineers and anything else we have a shortage of to reduce the need for Immigration.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 02:48 PM

Hi

Remain in Euratom, stupid not to.

We should leave a year later, 31March 2020, the end of the funding we signed up for, so no exit payment.

The best we can hope for is a continuation of free access for goods and agriculture, that way will not affect industry or agriculture.

There is no way they will let us export services to them, which are our main exports, they will be taking those are they are outside WTO Rules.

We use the time to sort out the mess Liam Fox had got us into with the Free Trade Deals we have with 50 other Countries as part of the EU.

We do not try and do things on the cheap, we hire as many trade negotiators as we need, which is lots, pay them 25% above the going rate to get the best and start negotiating Free Trade Deals round the world, to take effect on the day we leave.

That is perfectly legal under the rules.

We use this time to announce who we use our EU Membership funds to fund agriculture and business currently funded by the EU.

Business needs certainty for long term planning.

We use this time to get our Borders sorted out so we effectively cut Immigration.

We start free training of nurses, engineers and anything else we have a shortage of to reduce the need for Immigration.
I'd vote for that with a proviso all funding of business is faded out gradually over a ten year period. All businesses can stand on their own.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd vote for that with a proviso all funding of business is faded out gradually over a ten year period. All businesses can stand on their own.
Hi

The EU offer cheap loans for foreign companies to build factories in the EU, as we will be in competition with the EU, I rather think we will have to do the same.

I would rather have the Industry here than in the EU.

An example would be the massive new Jaguar Land Rover factory on the M54.

It could easily have been built in the Netherlands.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 03:11 PM

These are undoubtedly interesting and, in my opinion, correct steps we should take. However, I was rather hoping for some simple, specific details of a 'deal' with the EU. Our own internal changes should not feature here or be added under a third heading.

Under the headings I gave, I was looking for something along these lines:

What would you expect from the EU?

A free trade deal on all goods and services.

What should we give in return?

A one-off payment of £60 billion.

Needless to say, these are not exactly the answers I'd have given! Also, realistically, I'd expect a little more detail. However, I see this as a comparison of give and take, probably something along the lines of what may be happening in our negotiations.

If and when a deal is reached, it might be interesting to see which of us is nearest the mark!

I hope that some of you may be interested in contributing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-11-2017, 03:31 PM

Hi

The EU offer cheap loans for foreign companies to build factories in the EU, as we will be in competition with the EU, I rather think we will have to do the same.

I would rather have the Industry here than in the EU.

An example would be the massive new Jaguar Land Rover factory on the M54.

It could easily have been built in the Netherlands.
Loans are fine swim it's the way we support companies that annoys me, all the working tax credit and that sort of thing. Allowing huge companies to make massive profits while you tax payer pay mind and my husbands wages. Can't be right can it ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Hi

Swim are you referring to The European Investment bank, apparently GB holds a %16 share worth about 9 billion in that and we may have to wait years to get this back...
https://fullfact.org/economy/uks-sta...vestment-bank/

They will have less to lend if they give us back our share....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-11-2017, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Swim are you referring to The European Investment bank, apparently GB holds a %16 share worth about 9 billion in that and we may have to wait years to get this back...
https://fullfact.org/economy/uks-sta...vestment-bank/

They will have less to lend if they give us back our share....
Hi

Yes, that and Regional Funding.

I am all for getting our share back, however we have to bear in mind the loans they have given to the UK.

Last year we had loans of 6.9 billion Euro from them.

Mostly long term loans for things like the Thames Tideway Tunnel and Affordable Housing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm a little afraid some remainers would rather see uk fail than admit they were wring and we can go it alone. I'm sure there used to be words for people like that !
Nobody wants to see the UK fail, except maybe Russia or some jihadis or financial speculators...

There's no right or wrong in this. It's just a big gamble when the stakes are really high and we aren't holding the winning cards. The other side don't have the winning cards either but it's a game to the death for each side so lose:lose.

Both the EU and the UK will be disadvantaged by Brexit. It makes no economic sense to leave a trading block that's existed for so long. I want to see the UK do well but this is not the way to go about it.

Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top