Join for free
Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Re: Brexit, The Lies.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When have I ever said that?
You deflected the question entirely. Fact is that pressure on people to vote Brexit was driven in part by rich speculators who made a packet. Nobody is interested in addressing that issue. They don't care about what happens to the country. It's all a con.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Labour won a vote last night requiring the Government to publish it's impact papers on different parts of the economy.

The Government has been refusing to release them on the grounds that they would weaken our negotiating position.

I am not sure about this, it would be nice to see them, but I would not like our negotiations to be compromised.
We have a right to see them. As was said by Ian Dale (i think) the other day, the EU have their own set from their own scoping. It's not likely to hold any surprises for negotiators.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We have a right to see them. As was said by Ian Dale (i think) the other day, the EU have their own set from their own scoping. It's not likely to hold any surprises for negotiators.
Hi

The EU will undoubtedly have their own papers, but they are not releasing theirs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 04:34 PM

We may have a right but that doesn't mean it's a good idea, I don't get this idea we have to micromanage the negotiations, we IMO need to let them get on with it and allow them to keep their cards as close as they want to their chests. Eu aren't consulting all people across Europe what is being said of what papers they have in evidence, it would be crazy to expect our side to reveal it all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 04:36 PM

You deflected the question entirely. Fact is that pressure on people to vote Brexit was driven in part by rich speculators who made a packet. Nobody is interested in addressing that issue. They don't care about what happens to the country. It's all a con.
I haven't deflect it, if I didn't say it you can assume I really don't agree with it.

As for caring for the country some IMO do they care a lot about it. Some don't they are doing it for themselves that's true. But a blanket idea they all think one way is wrong IMO
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-11-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We may have a right but that doesn't mean it's a good idea, I don't get this idea we have to micromanage the negotiations, we IMO need to let them get on with it and allow them to keep their cards as close as they want to their chests. Eu aren't consulting all people across Europe what is being said of what papers they have in evidence, it would be crazy to expect our side to reveal it all.
We are the ones initiating Brexit with no plan. Voters have a right to see what implications that has and these papers should be public property. The Eu haven't voted for this and had no choice so they are not in the same position. We are not equals.

In terms of papers the EU have Daly was referring to the same analysis as we have. He assumed they had carried out a similar exercise on what brexit means for british industry etc. I don't think member states have asked them to reveal what they have but its not like a voting public. We have a right as voters to see this.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-11-2017, 05:55 PM

We are the ones initiating Brexit with no plan. Voters have a right to see what implications that has and these papers should be public property. The Eu haven't voted for this and had no choice so they are not in the same position. We are not equals.

In terms of papers the EU have Daly was referring to the same analysis as we have. He assumed they had carried out a similar exercise on what brexit means for british industry etc. I don't think member states have asked them to reveal what they have but its not like a voting public. We have a right as voters to see this.
You would risk the negotiations just to see the papers because you have a right ? I'm of the opinion we don't need to see everything we elect these people to do the job.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Labour won a vote last night requiring the Government to publish it's impact papers on different parts of the economy.

The Government has been refusing to release them on the grounds that they would weaken our negotiating position.

I am not sure about this, it would be nice to see them, but I would not like our negotiations to be compromised.
Perhaps this is the latest attempt by the Loony Party to reverse Brexit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 06:08 PM

You deflected the question entirely. Fact is that pressure on people to vote Brexit was driven in part by rich speculators who made a packet.
Strange that rich speculators were putting pressure on people to vote for Brexit.

I was led to believe that big businessmen were largely set against Brexit for some reason. Perhaps something to do with cheap labour.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-11-2017, 06:13 PM

We have a right to see them.
Do we have a right to see the EU's papers?

Oh no, we haven't. I wonder why.

Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top