Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Rant alert

I don't often get very angry but this morning I had to go to the doctors to get prescriptions for Steven. I parked perfectly, most unusual for me huge puddle I parked right over it so I could walk behind the car and not get my feet wet, came back to find car next to me so close I couldn't get my door open more than a couple of inches, so I had to paddle in two inches of water and try to struggle across from the passenger seat to get in. Just managed sat in the driving seat and very flustered and untidy from the struggle when a man returned to the other car and just got in and drove away.

Ok he probably didn't see me struggling but I still thought a sorry wouldn't have gone amiss.

Wet socks, wet feet, wet trainers, angry woman hat knocked astray. just what I needed.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:14 PM

Re: Rant alert

Maybe having been to the doctors he had other things on his mind and really was unaware what he had done. People can be uncaring though .... hope you enjoyed your paddle
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Some people seem to be oblivious to how they park. However I must admit when I had my chest infection last month and was struggling to breath when i went to the late night shop I did park in the disabled place by the door.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Some people seem to be oblivious to how they park. However I must admit when I had my chest infection last month and was struggling to breath when i went to the late night shop I did park in the disabled place by the door.
You were disabled at the time MC you did the right thing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:33 PM

I have said it before, but will say it again - they do not make these spaces wide enough for the bigger cars nowadays. We have had discussions on this subject before.

Does anyone know, are they a standard width?
It only takes one person to park a couple of inches off-centre, and it messes up the next person.

Times I have seen big 4 x 4's parking their passenger side right on the white lines so they can get their driving door open, but then the car on the left of them can't get in/out of their own car.
If only they would make these spaces a few inches wider it would be a big help to everyone.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:36 PM

It is annoying when you have difficulty opening your car door when someone has parked badly. However, some parking spaces are not big enough for large cars, which makes it difficult for the driver.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:41 PM

Well not sure that applied here I was in my jazz and he was driving a nova I think both reasonable sized cars. I actually miss my big crv that was never hard to get across the seats in
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:53 PM

Sorry to read this Julie, I hope you are warm and dry now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well not sure that applied here I was in my jazz and he was driving a nova I think both reasonable sized cars. I actually miss my big crv that was never hard to get across the seats in
You often plead poverty but CRVs and Jazzs aren't cheap cars.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-03-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You often plead poverty but CRVs and Jazzs aren't cheap cars.
My crv was less than £2000 and we kept it for nearly 10 years my jazz was £600 last year. Yes I'm a real high flyer when it comes to vehicles. And plead poverty ? I don't think so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top