Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:38 AM

Re: Somethings are better done by men

You mean like driving a sports car ( except bigger ) ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
We're told Men think about sex every 7 seconds...so do 'Mens things' take over when flying a plane I wonder?
Only if you select the wrong Joystick.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by frankieboy ->
women flying planes can be a danger if "women's things" take over clumsily put i know sorry

Yep definitely a tad clumsy there however women have been known to commit murder whilst suffering from PMT so I suppose it has to be considered the same as mens mood swings .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You mean like driving a sports car ( except bigger ) ?
Yesterday I was driving down the local main road when a bright yellow Lamborghini overtook me, went roaring down the road, engine noise was deafening...a few moments later we all had to stop at lights, I glanced at the chap in the next car and he was laughing and waggling his little finger!
Then I looked around and everyone in the queue was in fits, either raising eyes to heaven or wiggling fingers!

Still, as long as Baby Driver was happy!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:10 PM

I have done a lot of heavy labour in my life, along with my sisters we had to help our in our father's horticultural business from the age of 8.

One of our properties needed a soakaway. I was the person who did all the digging and constructed it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have done a lot of heavy labour in my life, along with my sisters we had to help our in our father's horticultural business from the age of 8.

One of our properties needed a soakaway. I was the person who did all the digging and constructed it.
My goodness Tara - is there anything you can't do?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:02 PM

If people are capable and like doing the work let them, whoever they are. Makes sense to me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:44 PM

I don't understand why we judge people's ability by their sex , we are all individuals so our physical, mental and emotional abilities are governed by the individual we are.

Of course men are usually stronger and women are often better carers, but all of us can step over the sex boundaries if we have the physical or mental abilities.
I have known men that could easily pick me up and abduct me, but I have also know men that I can mentally destroy with words.

Perhaps we should all accept that our sex doesn't give us the ability to be stronger or cleverer... we do that by choosing what we are good at and working on improving that ability.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My goodness Tara - is there anything you can't do?
Plenty. For instance, I have the maths ability of a 6 month old baby, if that. Without my calculator I am totally stuffed. I am not good at map reading or following written instructions, even though I have been a very good reader since childhood.
Sewing and knitting are not one of my strong points. I took all term to make a beach wrap when at school.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't understand why we judge people's ability by their sex , we are all individuals so our physical, mental and emotional abilities are governed by the individual we are.

Of course men are usually stronger and women are often better carers, but all of us can step over the sex boundaries if we have the physical or mental abilities.
I have known men that could easily pick me up and abduct me, but I have also know men that I can mentally destroy with words.

Perhaps we should all accept that our sex doesn't give us the ability to be stronger or cleverer... we do that by choosing what we are good at and working on improving that ability.
Twink, The bit about mentally destroying men with words isn’t something l would be proud to admit to.
Why just men? This is like, you lost a battle and homed in on their weakness.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top