Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 09:52 AM

The Truth Brussels Cannot Bear To Hear!

As I and the rest of Europe looked at our television screens in total disbelief at the sheer brutality of the Spanish Police towards innocent and defenceless civilians in Catalonia on Sunday, what astounded and disgusted me was the deafening silence of the EU to such thuggery.

I was reading about the reaction from the federalist Juncker to visions on our television screens of elderly people being hit in the face and punched, women, being dragged by the hair by riot police in full gear with shields. His reply to this disgraceful and undemocratic brutish action? “The fall-out from the contentious poll was an “internal matter”.

Now let’s not kid ourselves, If the said country had been somewhere like Hungary and the same tactics had been used by Hungarian Police against citizens fighting for the rights of say, Immigrants, Juncker would have been the first to get on his pedestal to condemn such brutal action.

It’s obvious that the EU are bricking it!

The truth is that there are parts of almost every single European member countries that yearn for their national identity. This scares the hell out of the EU as it goes against everything that they stand for. Spain is one of the EU’s most obedient Pro-EU member states, never defying the will of Brussels, or cause trouble for Juncker and his cohorts. This action by Catalonian citizens is a direct threat to the EU and its aim of a United States of Europe and there is no way they can be seen to condemn the bullying Madrid and the savagery of the Madrid Riot Police.

Juncker lives in a dream world! His vision of an amicable union between EU nation states is void if some of those nations are deeply divided, as we can see from Catalonia in Spain. Just think of the meyhem if they were to actually become independent from Spain? A part of an EU state, yet the richest part of its country not belonging to the EU state. They couldn’t bear it. Not only that, but think of the Basque part of the same country, think of how bully-boy Madrid still tries to take back Gibraltar.

How many other member states have the same problem? I can think of quite a few. France and Corsica, Belgium and Flanders, Northern Italy despising the impoverished Southern Italy, Romania and Slovakia have stirrings of unrest by the Hungarian population within, and there are stirrings of independence movements in Poland. If Catalonia was allowed to go it alone, who knows who would be next. People long for their own national identity, the aim of the EU stands for everything against that.

Why couldn’t Madrid behave in a more civilised way and allow the Catalan Referendum to go ahead, even if they refused to recognise the result? We had a similar thing happen with the Scottish Referendum, of course, it was legal, but we let the Scottish people decide, that is what democracy is all about, something Spain as a member of the EU, obviously does not agree with, with the full backing of the EU itself.

Is it any wonder the majority here voted to get out of that dictatorial club. This country has never, and never will be ruled by bullies. Every day I am thankful we are leaving this undemocratic organisation run by delusional, misguided dreamers.

Remainers I believe, should watch those scenes and reflect!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:12 AM

Re: The Truth Brussels Cannot Bear To Hear!

The EU weren't completely silent. The Vice President of the European Parliament described the Catalan vote as follows:

"Today we have witnessed a nationalistic propaganda act, undemocratic; a coup attempt against Spanish democracy, and so a coup against Europe"
The EU hates democracy and opposes national self-determination. It has ruined Greece, now it will attempt to destroy Catalonia.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:20 AM

The sooner we are out of it the better.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
The EU weren't completely silent. The Vice President of the European Parliament described the Catalan vote as follows:

The EU hates democracy and opposes national self-determination. It has ruined Greece, now it will attempt to destroy Catalonia.
Another example of how they can ditch whoever they want to, in the name of keeping the EU on track. All these poorer countries will be ditched or ignored until a united France/Germany have monopoly under their rules, laws and control. What have they done to help the southern European countries so far ? Nothing. High unemployment, weak economies and loaded with illegal migrants.
Thank goodness we are on the way out.
We now see Mr Macron laying out rules and intentions towards change in Europe. How can he arrive from nowhere and then start putting forward the terms on which the rest of Europe should fall in line. The whole lot stinks ! Note, none of the leaders EU countries have declared their aghast or condemned the brutality in Catalan, no doubt they have all been gagged from Brussels..
Whether Catalan has been infiltrated by outside forces to bring about disruption, we wouldn't know but it does go on. Even so, that does not give clearance for the police to attack the way they did. Isn't this how Police States behave ?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 06:56 PM

8 Hours ago.

Nigel Farage has no fear of speaking the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g889D_SB93M
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
8 Hours ago.

Nigel Farage has no fear of speaking the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g889D_SB93M
Listening to Nigel Farage tonight on his ‘LBC radio show’ he had a call from an English speaking person in Catalan. During the course of their conversation, discussing the violent, brutality of the Spanish police, he mentioned that the EU already have 900 special police and are training a further 2000.

Along with their 5000 Eurocorps stationed at Strasburg, I wonder what they will be used for. I only hope that our police do not ever become fully armed walking the streets.

Brexit cannot come quick enough for me. I dread the thought that our children and grand children could be conscripted into the EU Army or Police and have to treat their own citizens or any human beings as I have seen on Twitter feeds since 7am on Sunday morning, before they were edited.

As for the BBC or should I say (Brussels BC) and the Newspapers, I am absolutely disgusted that very litte was said or shown on the first day, Sunday, as the brutality continued all day.
Brutality and rubber bullets are still being used today, of course nothing in the news. Also, Twitter, BBC, Media etc are editing very heavily the little they show. What has Europe become?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Freespirit ->
Listening to Nigel Farage tonight on his ‘LBC radio show’ he had a call from an English speaking person in Catalan. During the course of their conversation, discussing the violent, brutality of the Spanish police, he mentioned that the EU already have 900 special police and are training a further 2000.

Along with their 5000 Eurocorps stationed at Strasburg, I wonder what they will be used for. I only hope that our police do not ever become fully armed walking the streets.

Brexit cannot come quick enough for me. I dread the thought that our children and grand children could be conscripted into the EU Army or Police and have to treat their own citizens or any human beings as I have seen on Twitter feeds since 7am on Sunday morning, before they were edited.

As for the BBC or should I say (Brussels BC) and the Newspapers, I am absolutely disgusted that very litte was said or shown on the first day, Sunday, as the brutality continued all day.
Brutality and rubber bullets are still being used today, of course nothing in the news. Also, Twitter, BBC, Media etc are editing very heavily the little they show. What has Europe become?
Hi

I am also unhappy with the lack of condemnation from the EU of the violence in Spain.

As regards the EU Police Force, Europol, I have no concerns at all.

It was a UK idea and is currently headed by a Brit, a former MI5 employee.

The UK intends to continue to be part of Europol when we leave the EU.

Europol started out as a Drugs Agency, now more concerned with Terrorism and People Trafficking.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Note, none of the leaders EU countries have declared their aghast or condemned the brutality in Catalan, no doubt they have all been gagged from Brussels..
Whether Catalan has been infiltrated by outside forces to bring about disruption, we wouldn't know but it does go on. Even so, that does not give clearance for the police to attack the way they did. Isn't this how Police States behave ?
We didn't officially condemn the violence either nor did we recognise the referendum.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 03:42 PM

I heard on the news yesterday that the leaders of Catalonia said that as soon as the results of all the votes from those living abroad have come in, if the result is in favour, then they will claim independence this week!.

I fear there is more violence to come.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 04:04 PM

Thank you for starting your thread with a piece of your mind I would be proud of Shrops.
I wish I could have done that better.
No way!
Thank you for your valuably time posting such common sense.
I particularly liked your last few sentences:

'Is it any wonder the majority here voted to get out of that dictatorial club. This country has never, and never will be ruled by bullies. Every day I am thankful we are leaving this undemocratic organisation run by delusional, misguided dreamers.

Remainers I believe, should watch those scenes and reflect'!

Hear!
Hear!
And jolly well said old girl!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top