Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 01:42 AM

May's Disasterous Speech

Under headlines like:

Theresa May's dream speech falls apart amid coughing fit, prank and crumbling backdrop.

Theresa May's hopes for reset dashed with nightmare from hell speech to Tory conference

May's speech at the Tory Party Conference has been portrayed here as an absolute disaster for her. It also appears that some was plagiarised from "The West Wing"

Is that how it has been reported in the UK?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 01:58 AM

Re: May's Disasterous Speech

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Under headlines like:

Theresa May's dream speech falls apart amid coughing fit, prank and crumbling backdrop.

Theresa May's hopes for reset dashed with nightmare from hell speech to Tory conference

May's speech at the Tory Party Conference has been portrayed here as an absolute disaster for her. It also appears that some was plagiarised from "The West Wing"

Hi

Basically the same Bruce.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:26 AM

Poor TM but it's what she said that is important rather than her cough the sign falling down and in an incredible breach of security some idiot going up to her with a bit of paper .
I am not a Tory supporter but this is stupid hounding by the press and wonder who is behind it.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:34 AM

It would appear there is a well orchestrated witch hunt going on, jumping on every opportunity to show TM as an utterly hapless PM leading us out of Europe.

It's when I see this sort of gutter press I question the concept of freedom of the press.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:47 AM

I agree Fogey the press are having a field day and it is a witch hunt. Actually am I the only one who thought she was very brave and saw it through? I felt for her but she battled on. Well done I say.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Under headlines like:

Yes it is. The BBC were instantly all over it.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:58 AM

The biggest problem here is that people actually believe what they read in the press.

If the press keep the pressure on then people will begin to think that there is no smoke without fire.

Under the guise of investigative journalism, this faecal slime that make up the gutter press, is guilty of stalking, no more, no less - something the rest of us would face prosecution for.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 08:10 AM

The pressure on Theresa May must be enormous too, I wonder just how much a person can take.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 08:13 AM

Typical for the media to latch onto the coughing fit and make a big deal of it. Agree with her politics or not, it is what she said rather than the presentation that is more relevant. Coughing fits when someone speaks a lot is human. So what?

I've often said that nobody bashes Britain like the British media. They should be wanting to build her status up in the World at this critical time, not knock it down.

Oh well, I suppose it at least diverted their attention from important issues such as her shoes, hairstyle and nail varnish colour.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 08:40 AM

Why did the backdrop fail too? Was it orchestrated to make her look foolish?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top