Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 09:43 AM

The Carmichael Project - money speaks

One for the Aussie members
The Carmichael project has been given the go ahead
i.e digging up and burning 2.3 BILLION tonnes of coal contained in the deposit at Queensland’s Galilee Basin – which would effectively cancel out the pledged annual emission reductions of Australia AND for New Zealand nearly TEN TIMES OVER? ( Not to mention addition dredging of additional and deeper shipping lanes and ports required – in the endangered great barrier reef ).

https://ejatlas.org/conflict/carmich...land-australia

Eta mods please could you move to science and enviroment .
Thank you
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:01 AM

Re: The Carmichael Project - money speaks

I guess they are like us and need to get fuel from wherever they can. I can see both sides of this and a few years ago would be protesting against but now realise we have to do what's necessary if we want to carry on as we are.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 07:20 AM

But the fuel , as I understand is to be exported to India .
I am sure that some members will correct me if I am wrong on this one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:14 AM

What annoys me is we pay a levy not just in our fuel bills but through business and services towards clean energy, so while we are 'taking water from a dam with a spoon' other are throwing it back in by the bucket load.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I guess they are like us and need to get fuel from wherever they can. I can see both sides of this and a few years ago would be protesting against but now realise we have to do what's necessary if we want to carry on as we are.
You're completely correct.

In a few years from now, if the eco-warriors continue to get their way, I can imagine them shouting and screaming for completely the opposite of what they do now...

...when all the lights have gone out, when all transport systems have ground to a stop, when they can't bleat publicly because there is no television or newspapers...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-11-2016, 12:38 AM

When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money.

Cree Indian prophecy .
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 02:35 AM

Pearls of wisdom.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Pearls of wisdom.
or caring pearls among swine?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're completely correct.

In a few years from now, if the eco-warriors continue to get their way, I can imagine them shouting and screaming for completely the opposite of what they do now...

...when all the lights have gone out, when all transport systems have ground to a stop, when they can't bleat publicly because there is no television or newspapers...
Hi

There is absolutely no need to burn coal as a fuel, it is not just the Carbon Dioxide, it is all the other stuff in it which causes issues.

Modern technology is such that clean electricity can be generated without producing pollution, which is surely the way forward.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is absolutely no need to burn coal as a fuel, it is not just the Carbon Dioxide, it is all the other stuff in it which causes issues.

Modern technology is such that clean electricity can be generated without producing pollution, which is surely the way forward.
When other sources of energy have been exhausted, or have been proven to be inadequate for our needs, we may will be obliged to burn coal once again.

Many people don't seem to realise that the old ways of burning coal have been superseded and more efficient and less polluting methods are now available.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/informa...hnologies.aspx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top