Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2012, 12:49 AM

Re: Euro 2012

Germany will win the Euro 2012 championship. No matter how much I want England to win in my heart, my brain says that Germany is the strongest team in the tournament.
The level of talent is pretty close amongst the top teams but the difference is team philosophy and how they feel about themselves. Germany have been coached very well by Joachim Loew and they have a team vision that other nations can only envy. They may not be the most talented team in the Euros but their belief in themselves is what makes them rise above the average to be winners.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2012, 07:15 PM

I can't argue with your assessment of the German side Hu99 and of course, if they do get to the final it would give them a chance to rectify the disappointment of their 2008 crusade. They are certainly a class act again but they always do well in Europe and the World Cup. Having said that, there is still quite a lot of water to flow under the bridges and football, as we all know, is a funny old game.
I wonder what the odds are against Spain winning Three major tournaments on the bounce?
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2012, 03:30 AM

Should England get out of Group D they face the prospect of either Spain or Italy. Things don't look good for Hodgon's boys.
That is of course iF they get out of Group D which doesn't look like a given.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2012, 09:22 AM

Never take anything for granted with England. Tonight will be the usual scenario, up a goal, backs against the wall, home crowd hollering their heads off, scraping home just about. Spain were adequate last night, got their goal eventually. They certainly know how to keep and pass the ball, which is worrying should England draw them. The Italians put Ireland to the sword as expected, and they look useful too. Don't forget your flags tonight folks, and your worry beads!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2012, 07:49 PM

Everyone is pinning their hopes on Rooney but it may not happen. One person doesn't make a team so we shall see. We only need a draw so hopefully we will be OK
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2012, 10:22 PM

We won and Rooney scored. England were not pretty to look at though.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Perhaps if they had put Rooney on the bench and played the last team they may have done better but its always the same with England,Its all very exciting till they arive at the ground then it all goes AWOL, didnt think much of the ref either.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Luck was on Englands side tonight, as they did'nt play particularly well, and got a goal through the incompetence of the Ukraine goalie. Got out of jail with that Terry clearance, however it makes you wonder what the hell is the point of that useless official behind the goal, that never seems to make any type of decision. One of Platini's brilliant ideas, instead of proprer goal line technology that everyone's crying out for. So its the Italians next, bellamissio!! By the way, thanks to Sweden, nice to see the frogs suffering!
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada

20-06-2012, 03:17 AM

Perhaps I have the luxury of distance to judge England's performance tonight but I see things a little differently than the general consensus. I think England played exactly the way they needed to tonight.The back four were almost perfect and gave the Ukraine nothing but 30 yard shots which Joe Hart handled very well.
John Terry may be the most divisive member of the England team but he performed beautifully tonight and sometimes it took the the slo-mo replay to see exactly how good he was. Specifically the play where he toed the ball away from Konoplyanka in the first half which was the kind of play the Bobby Moore would have done. His goal line heroics were a masterpiece of thinking ahead and despite the fact that the ball clearly crossed the line, give credit to Terry for fooling the fourth official with his bravado. Terry played a blinder.
Rooney's goal was a gimme but you have to have the foresight of a Wayne Rooney to know where the ball will be.
Overall I think England were strong and well coached. Roy Hodgson hasn't given me any reason to be confident but he does seem to have the support of his team. Good job, boys!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 07:55 AM

Well done England, you got farther than I thought you would.
They may not look good but hey this is a cup and you play differently in cup matches than you do in league matches.
They got the luck when they needed it and who cares if the ball crossed the line it was not given, England have had plenty of those over the years.
Everything is a bonus from here on in.#
Well done Lads, but leave Rooney out, He will only get sent off against Italy.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top