Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:13 PM

Re: Weed or shrub?

Consider yourself lucky that I haven't put on photos of the many things in my garden, that I have no idea what they are.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:49 PM

It looks like Southernwood to me. Is that the name your trying to remember Meg? A lovely fluffy sort of plant with a nice smell.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It looks like Southernwood to me. Is that the name your trying to remember Meg? A lovely fluffy sort of plant with a nice smell.
That is another name for a variety of Artemisia Roxy it has many .

I love the smell where I come from it is colloquially referred to as 'Old Man' I guess because it has the medicinal smell of camphor/mothballs like some old men used to have
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 04:04 PM

I loved the smell of it when I was growing up, my mum had a big bush of it in her garden. I was always running my fingers through it to get them smelling nice lol. Have'nt seen it for years now, may just see if I can get some to grow in a tub next time I'm down in Perth..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I loved the smell of it when I was growing up, my mum had a big bush of it in her garden. I was always running my fingers through it to get them smelling nice lol. Have'nt seen it for years now, may just see if I can get some to grow in a tub next time I'm down in Perth..
I have a large clump in my garden , it doesn't look quite like Muddy's though it is much lighter in colour.
I always touch it when I pass

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top