Join for free
Page 167 of 255 « First < 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 03:11 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Ooo, that sounds yummy!

Today for lunch I'm having applewood smoked salmon, potato crusted cod (I'm obviously in the mood for fish, haha) shrimp cocktail and seasoned Brussels sprouts.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 05:36 PM

I stayed the same---for the 3rd week running---so totally fed up about that. I bought a soupmaker--its like a kettle, but it heats up, cooks the veg then blitzes them...so made myself a really healthy and filling soup today-made with chicken stock cube---tomatoes, red peppers and celery,,it was amazing--really smooth in only 20 minutes--just chop veg up and chuck in--no need to peel or anything--probably got enough for 3 or 4 meals. Could also use it to make a chunky tomato sauce to use in bolognese etc,,or smoothies...so that was my lunch today...if id had some left over ham or chickem i could have aded that afterwards--but i didnt...
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 10:06 PM

During my years of weight loss, I plateaued so many times I'd have to use all 10 fingers and all 10 toes to count them. And yes, it's frustrating. But the worst thing you can do during a plateau is give up. Keep doing what you're doing and the weight will start moving again. Plateaus are perfectly normal.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 08:29 PM

I made today Chilli-con-Carne using Pork Mince and made sure I drained every possible bit of fat out and Pasta Shells.
Linda0818
USA

19-05-2017, 08:38 PM

I was bad today. Ate on the go. I had a lot of errands to run, one of them being a trip to the vet to get one of my dogs her checkup and shots. And I knew once I'd get her back home, I'd have to leave again. So I grabbed McDonald's, which is something I haven't done in a good while. I ordered a chicken sandwich and a small fry. Then the woman on the speaker said, "We have a special going on today, a 4-piece chicken nugget for a dollar."

So I said, "Sure, why not," and so I ended up with the sandwich, fries (chips) AND the chicken nuggets. Ugh. Not a good meal to have on a Friday when we always order pizza on Friday nights.

Yesterday for lunch, however, I hated everything I'd picked up from the market and threw it all away. So for lunch I had an apple and a few crisps because that's all there was left after chucking the rest into the bin, LOL
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 07:49 AM

A bad one for me today, Indian Take-away.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 07:53 PM

Time for me to trim right down too. Jogged 4-5 miles today and felt every superfluous pound. No secret to losing weight though is there - you have to expend more than you are putting in energy wise. I recently lost 8lb over 4 weeks without doing a scrap of exercise but just cut down on booze and any high calorie foods. I was quite shocked when I eventually jumped on the scales. Probably put it all back on now though - as you do . Still, once I make my mind up I tend to shed weight quite quickly - especially so the good weather is on it's way - well Summer anyway.
Linda0818
USA

22-05-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
A bad one for me today, Indian Take-away.
I've tried to like Indian food and I just can't do it. And what finally put me off is I went to an Indian buffet. Just a small buffet of things like rice and naan and Tandoori chicken, etc, and I was sitting down to eat and found about 3-4 small bones in the meat dish I had taken (I don't even remember what it was called) and hair in the rice. That was it for me, I was done.

I know not all restaurants are going to be that bad, but you know how it is, you eat a food, have a bad experience and never touch it again. Like the time I became extremely ill with a really horrible flu bug. The last thing I ate before becoming sick was asparagus and it took YEARS before I could even look at it again without feeling sick. In fact, even now, asparagus is something I can only eat once in a while and more often than not I'll pass on dishes or vegetable blends that contain it.

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Time for me to trim right down too. Jogged 4-5 miles today and felt every superfluous pound. No secret to losing weight though is there - you have to expend more than you are putting in energy wise. I recently lost 8lb over 4 weeks without doing a scrap of exercise but just cut down on booze and any high calorie foods. I was quite shocked when I eventually jumped on the scales. Probably put it all back on now though - as you do . Still, once I make my mind up I tend to shed weight quite quickly - especially so the good weather is on it's way - well Summer anyway.
I used to lose weight quickly when I was younger. But now losing weight is like trying to rollerskate uphill.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 12:27 PM

thanks Linda--no i am not giving up--and I know about plateaus==just never expected them after just a couple of weeks.,
mariana
Kent. Uk.

22-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
unfortunately it is not as easy for everyone as it seems to have been for you---I cannot remember the last time i had as much as a glass of wine--at least over 2 years, i eat healthily and sensibly now. I eat virtually no bread, no butter, no cheese, no sugar, no biscuits or cakes, no fried foods, no processed meats, no ready meals. No snacks. My diet consists of vegetables--often raw, fruit, a little meat, fish, eggs, quorn, couscous, a little rice, low sugar cereal every morning, fat free yoghurt or fat free fromage frais. No Milk--i only drink green tea. i walk my dogs every day, i am about to go out and do at least an hours mowing in the garden. But over 7 weeks, i have still only lost in total 3 and a half pounds. i really do not know what more i can do. But on the plus side, i am feeling much better, my clothes are all looser, buying a smaller size now. !!

Page 167 of 255 « First < 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top