Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:34 AM

Re: Do you find packing and unpacking bothersome?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes Meg, l was organised in the method in which l packed but not organised with the time that l did the packing!
It was usually about two hours before we were due to leave!
The reason for this was, if l had packed a while before we were due to go, l would have forgotten what l had packed and would’ve had to pull the whole lot out to check!

I kept a universal list of everything we needed to take. This would come out every time we went away. I was nothing without that list!!

It was worse when the list included bottle steriliser, steriliser, bottle brush, nappies and the kitchen sink!
Art I usually start weeks ahead with my lists , most years I do all the cooking for the family (we rent a farm house ) so I have all the food to prepare and pack too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:35 AM

I’ve always kept a holiday list for packing which I update each year, lately more items have been added including medication, arm and leg supports and walking sticks
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:36 AM

I can't go away without taking the kitchen sink.

I find packing to go a nightmare. I'm not happy without my home comforts and I take my dressing gown, slippers, my own coffee etc - plus remembering all the small stuff such as different handbags/jewellery etc.

It's a nightmare I tell you - a nightmare!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:41 AM

I agree about taking everything away (just in case). I also pack tea, coffee, milk pots, flask. Then all manner of toiketries, shampoo, soap, hand cream, plasters, pain killers, antiseptic cream. Spex wipes.

Then there is all the entertainment I might take. Ipod, headphones, magazine, puzzler book, electronic thesaurus, newspaper. If renting a caravan I take food.

I can't do without my lists.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:13 AM

I've unpacked everything now; the clean clothes have gone back in their drawers/wardrobe and the dirty ones in the washing-machine.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Do you find packing and unpacking bothersome?

No very easy, Sue does it all and woe betide me if i get involved. She can pack things into spaces even a mouse could not get into.

Elephants don't have to bother they always have their own trunk on them
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:19 AM

One of the few useful things my old man told me was to pack the minimum you thought you needed then take half out. When I go overseas I only take a cabin sized suitcase (though it gets checked in). Lets face it you don't need more clothes when you are going for a month than you do for few days. I suspect my small computer takes up more space in the suitcase than the clothes. I usually take a small day pack for convenience because it fits under the seat in front on the plane.

As for hospital, they throw you out so quickly these days I wear clean clothes to the hospital and they will do for going home plus a couple of pair of summer pyjamas. The most important thing is the charger, mobile phone (+earpiece), tablet and ebook.

What more do you need?

That picture was taken a decade ago but still using the same case and backpack.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	bags.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	5552  
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:22 AM

For entertainment, I just had my phone. I played a little music and read books on it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:42 AM

I am so used to travelling it is no longer a problem.
I always pack a black sack for laundry, this fills up, I simply put that back in the case.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am so used to travelling it is no longer a problem.
I always pack a black sack for laundry, this fills up, I simply put that back in the case.
I do too for a short trip - eg my recent trip up the Kidman Way was only a week so I took enough clothes for the whole trip. When I get home I just empty the bag straight into the washing machine, throw in some washing powder and turn it on.

For a longer overseas trip obviously washing is necessary so I just wash the clothes each night in the hotel sink, it is dry by the morning.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top