Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 08:28 AM

Re: We Are to be a Grandfather

I remember when our three girls were born. The eldest was born the day after the 1970 general election. My husband was watching the results coming in on the TV in the maternity home's visitors lounge. When they asked him if he had a message for his wife, he said, "Tell her George Brown is out at Belper!" When the second girl was born in 1974, I wondered why my husband appear at visiting time in the evening, it turned out his car had been hit by another one and it was badly a damaged, fortunately he was shaken but unhurt. When our third girl was born in 1976, I had to be induced and it was quite painful, to put it mildly.

I don't think I was excited about any of their births just glad when they were over, and I decided I was not going to have anymore birth children.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 09:42 AM

Gravitas congratulations I hope you are prepared to totally fall in love with your new little grandchild. It just happens...enjoy
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gravitas congratulations I hope you are prepared to totally fall in love with your new little grandchild. It just happens...enjoy
I know this might seem shallow but I hope she has my good looks (and just to balance it out my personality traits).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I know this might seem shallow but I hope she has my good looks (and just to balance it out my personality traits).

I'm saying nothing. . . .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm saying nothing. . . .
Wishing Gravitas, Congratulations on the birth of his new granddaughter, would've been nice!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Wishing Gravitas, Congratulations, would've been nice!

Please note the smilie Art, which would have been quite different if I meant him any malice.

He was jesting, I jested back.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Please note the smilie Art, which would have been quite different if I meant him any malice.

He was jesting, I jested back.
Nevertheless, you still didn't offer him congratulations on the birth of his new granddaughter.
I have noticed a few others haven't either, which l find rather petty and churlish!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-05-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Nevertheless, you still didn't offer him congratulations on the birth of his new granddaughter.
I have noticed a few others haven't either, which l find rather petty and churlish!

Your choice to feel churlish if you want.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 03:16 PM

I was holding back my sense of "relief" about it being over until this morning. Just to make sure things were still looking OK once the dust settled. Things aren't. The baby had a good feed last night but wouldn't feed again later. She has bruising on the cheek from the birth and they wonder if that could be a cause. Antibiotics were suggested (not sure why). It's all unclear. Both will be staying in for at least a couple of days.

The panic is back.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I was holding back my sense of "relief" about it being over until this morning. Just to make sure things were still looking OK once the dust settled. Things aren't. The baby had a good feed last night but wouldn't feed again later. She has bruising on the cheek from the birth and they wonder if that could be a cause. Antibiotics were suggested (not sure why). It's all unclear. Both will be staying in for at least a couple of days.

The panic is back.
Early days Gravitas. Not 24 hours yet. Good that the baby has fed - not all do straight away and to be let out within 24 hours is very early. I am not sure I agree with leaving so early. In my day it was 7 days in hospital - no choice. Another day or so will probably have everything sorted and both mum and baby can be well looked after in hospital as long as mum can rest up. Best wishes. Rena

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top