Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Oven cleaning services..

I'm thinking of hiring a professional to clean my oven. It's a double one & very fiddly. Even after my best effort it never really look as good as I'd like it.

I wondered if anyone on here has had their oven cleaned professionally?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Re: Oven cleaning services..

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm thinking of hiring a professional to clean my oven. It's a double one & very fiddly. Even after my best effort it never really look as good as I'd like it.

I wondered if anyone on here has had their oven cleaned professionally?
Yes Carol - most people here in the flats where I am use the service many times. Very good they are too
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:38 PM

I clean my oven after just about every use and it never really gets too bad .

My neice uses one and says they are very good
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Carol if you can't find a suitable person to clean your oven then I'd urge you to use Oven Pride. When I had to put my house up for sale I was cleaning the house like mad. I bought that and it has a bag for the grill trays in the oven that you put inside the bag and you would not believe how they come out!! The horrible brown grease comes off and they are sparkling clean. I'd never have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Then you just chuck the bag in the bin.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Oven pride is good,very good but having the ovens cleaned by professionals is bliss.OK they do not come free in a lucky bag but wow.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 09:14 PM

I can manage to do the sides, floor and shelves OK but it's the roof of the oven I can never get clean.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 09:15 PM

I usually use Oven Pride and it's very good but it doesn't quite make it look like new. Perhaps it's my skills that are at fault.
Anyway I thought I'd treat my oven to a professional clean just for once..
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 08:42 AM

Clean the oven? - you mean it has to actually be cleaned? It's taken me years to build up that crusty stuff clinging around it's innards - why on earth should I disturb it now - my pizzas still seem to cook OK...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 03:17 PM

Love it!! So Quentin Crisp re dust
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 04:01 PM

I had mine done a couple of months ago. I had my double oven and microwave done at the same time. It would have taken me days. For £74, and a couple of hours work, it was sparkling.

There are so many companies out there its difficult to choose. I went on personal recommendation from a friend. Make sure you choose a friend who is very particular and house proud.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top