Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 09:36 PM

A message to Theresa May

Hi

I simply do not believe you.

Home Secretary and now PM for the last 7 years.

You have presided over the biggest cuts ever to our Enforcement Agencies.

It was you, as Home Secretary, who cut the funding for the Night Time Economy Officers.

The eyes and ears of those bought in to target the Muslim Rape Gangs.

It was you who have privatised our security systems, brought in G4S, who had then to be scrapped.

It was you who decided that Joint Operations against Illegals were no longer to be funded.

Unfortunately, as incompetent as she is, she is infinitely better than Corbyn and Abbott.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 09:52 PM

Re: A message to Theresa May

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Unfortunately, as incompetent as she is, she is infinitely better than Corbyn and Abbott.
One is consistent, one keeps U turning like theres no tomorrow.
One is an opportunist, the other has taken the opportunity offered and blossomed.
aliveandsmiling
Suffolk uk
aliveandsmiling is female 

07-06-2017, 12:21 PM

Scary stuff!!!!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Weren't you one of those who backed living within our means? Have you forgotten that Liam Byrne said there was no money left? What would you have them do? Do as Corbyn proposes, borrow even more, as we did in the seventies, until the IMF steps in like they did with Dennis Healy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Weren't you one of those who backed living within our means? Have you forgotten that Liam Byrne said there was no money left? What would you have them do? Do as Corbyn proposes, borrow even more, as we did in the seventies, until the IMF steps in like they did with Dennis Healy.
Hi

If that is aimed at me, I will respond as follows.

The primary function of any government is to protect it's Citizens.

Slashing the Budgets of Enforcement Agencies and reducing the powers they have is not the way forward.

They have protected the Foreign Aid Budget, money much better spent in my view, on protecting those here in the UK.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 06:40 PM

So who do they take the money from to fund it? THe NHS, schools, social services? The truth is that nobody wants lose out but someone will have to. The security services have protected us very well up to now. Now the game has changed but I'm sure they will respond. It was inevitable some attacks were going to be successful. As the IRA once said we only have to be lucky once security has to be lucky all the time.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If that is aimed at me, I will respond as follows.

The primary function of any government is to protect it's Citizens.

Slashing the Budgets of Enforcement Agencies and reducing the powers they have is not the way forward.

They have protected the Foreign Aid Budget, money much better spent in my view, on protecting those here in the UK.
Unfortunately Swim your comments about the Enforcement Agencies, which you regularly post, are coming over as a personal grievance, and you were working in that sector.
I always think that the more you press people to listen to your personal political grievances, they less strength they have in a debate!
Whatever Theresa May has done in the past, her recent comments about changing some of the Human Rights, shows she is listening to the people and is considering making changes. If she wins the election and makes these changes, I am prepared to give her a chance.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-06-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Unfortunately Swim your comments about the Enforcement Agencies, which you regularly post, are coming over as a personal grievance, and you were working in that sector.
I always think that the more you press people to listen to your personal political grievances, they less strength they have in a debate!
Whatever Theresa May has done in the past, her recent comments about changing some of the Human Rights, shows she is listening to the people and is considering making changes. If she wins the election and makes these changes, I am prepared to give her a chance.
Hi

Of course it is a personal grievance, but not in the way that you think.

I can cope with the serious reduction in my Pension, I am a realist, there have to be winners and losers.

I am not going to starve because of it, I am not reliant on Food Banks.

Yep, I cannot afford to buy a new Merc Estate, but even if I had the money, I wouldn't do so anyway, flash cars are not my thing.

I can afford a cleaner and someone to do my ironing, which is what I want.

I have given my money to my kids, I have a huge mortgage until I am 85, which I can easily afford.

My issue with Theresa May is personal, you are quite correct, but it is an issue because I sincerely believe that the primary purpose of Government is to protect it's citizens.

This is something she has singularly failed to do.

She has not only slashed the Budgets for Enforcement Agencies, but has been complicit in removing many of their powers to deal with Jihadists.

David Blunkett reduced the number of illegals and poured money into protecting us and getting rid of them.

May not only slashed the number of Officers, she also slashed the powers they had.

In 2010, she promised to bring down Immigration, it has risen since then, dramatically from her promised 100,000.

She has been Prime Minister for nearly a year, during which time she has not reintroduced any of the previous legislation to control terrorists.

It was under her leadership as Home Secretary that thousands of people were allowed to enter the UK unchecked because of Staff Shortages.

Yes, it is personal, but because of her incompetence, nothing more, nothing less.

She is still a better option than Corbyn, but, there are in my view, those who could better deliver our safety.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 08:15 PM

Well no politician gets everything right and, given the possible candidates to become Prime Minister, I have more faith in May. No government changes things quickly, but I hope she may realize the errors of her past and make the right changes. She seems to be the best option, where terrorism is concerned, and her only real challenger is Corbyn, who has not seemed himself during this election campaign..... probably because his spin doctors knew that, without their help, he wouldn't stand a chance.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-06-2017, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well no politician gets everything right and, given the possible candidates to become Prime Minister, I have more faith in May. No government changes things quickly, but I hope she may realize the errors of her past and make the right changes. She seems to be the best option, where terrorism is concerned, and her only real challenger is Corbyn, who has not seemed himself during this election campaign..... probably because his spin doctors knew that, without their help, he wouldn't stand a chance.
Hi

Well at least we agree in one thing, she is infinitely better than Corbyn,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top