Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 07:17 PM

Cancer & The Gerson Therapy

I know we've got a few members battling this at the moment, so I just wanted to post a link to this in case it's of interest:

https://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/

It was devised and successfully used by the German Dr Gerson to treat cancer patients. It's lost favour nowadays (many believe because it can't be patented!).

How the Gerson Therapy Works

The Gerson Therapy regenerates the body to health, supporting each important metabolic requirement by flooding the body with nutrients from about 15- 20 pounds of organically-grown fruits and vegetables daily. Most is used to make fresh raw juice, up to one glass every hour, up to 13 times per day. Raw and cooked solid foods are generously consumed. Oxygenation is usually more than doubled, as oxygen deficiency in the blood contributes to many degenerative diseases. The metabolism is also stimulated through the addition of thyroid, potassium and other supplements, and by avoiding heavy animal fats, excess protein, sodium and other toxins.

Degenerative diseases render the body increasingly unable to excrete waste materials adequately, commonly resulting in liver and kidney failure. The Gerson Therapy uses intensive detoxification to eliminate wastes, regenerate the liver, reactivate the immune system and restore the body’s essential defenses – enzyme, mineral and hormone systems. With generous, high-quality nutrition, increased oxygen availability, detoxification, and improved metabolism, the cells – and the body – can regenerate, become healthy and prevent future illness.
Sending huge *hugs* to those battling (and those who've battled or one day might battle) this horrible horrible disease.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 11:30 PM

Re: Cancer & The Gerson Therapy

Hi Azz I did have a friend who tried this after they said chemo was no longer working. Unfortunately he died. I don't think this is the answer. The future is with targeted stem cell therapies and more intelligent tailored regimes. There is so much research going on that at some point soon they will conquer this demon. That's if we don't all kill each other in wars or with nukes first
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 11:33 PM

By the way I'm not knocking this if you catch cancer very early and I'm sure it works for some lucky individuals. Once it's established though I'm not so sure. I'm really pleased that they are starting to look at cases more individually because the trouble with our mentality is that we look for a cure all rather than a personal cure for each individual.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:13 AM

I have a theory that there is something in some people that makes them candidates for cancer. If such a person lives what might be thought an unhealthy lifestyle or has a poor diet, this may trigger the cancer that has potentially always been there.

If they had lived more healthily and eaten all those wonderful foods, then the cancer might have been avoided. However, as a curative once cancer has set in, I believe dietary remedies are not likely to work (speaking somewhat from experience).
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:35 AM

As someone who is a pensioner on very limited income but also has an ileostomy as a result of bowel cancer, I simply could never afford financially to undertake such a diet.

After my surgery I did buy myself a juicer because I was concerned regarding a possible lack of vital vitamins etc. I found that it was just too expensive to keep buying fruit and veg in the quantities necessary.

The article also mentions avoiding sodium, I was advised to increase my salt intake quite substantially in order to replace what I am lacking through malabsorbtion. So I have a bag of crisps every day. The food which I eat is usually in my body for less than an hour (1 hour from mouth to toilet). Most medications go the same way, which causes a tremendous amount of problems where my arthritis is concerned.

I know my immune system is shot to pieces, but hey, I am still here trying to carry on as normal and hope to remain cancer free as long as possible.

Sorry for the long post. To other cancer victims my advice is stay positive.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:42 AM

I'm not sure there is no cure all for everyone. It's important we all follow our oncologists advice and treatments IMO and try to eat healthily as far as our budgets allow.

When my dad had prostate cancer they had found vit c was a cure, he ate so many oranges he went orange ! But later we found the data was on cells in a Petrie dish bambarded with acidic acid ! Hardly the wonder cure they claimed.

I'm not saying azzs post is wrong just it may not work for everyone and I'm very sceptical about dietry claims or even alternative remedies for life threatening diseases.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 10:14 AM

Each to their own

I personally would not trust any of the mainstream health solutions to Cancer believing that the entire situation is one huge money generating scheme from top to bottom.

The idea of irradiating one's body to cure it is not by any rational standards a sensible idea. You simply compromise or destroy the immune system and pave the way for different cancers to take hold.

There are lots of ways to combat Cancer without such treatment but since they don't fill the Big Pharma coffers they will never gain any scientific credibility (Big Pharma owns and controls the entire vetting process).

I would certainly advise people to look at the treatments and protocol like the one Azz has highlighted.

I would also advise sufferers to take a serious look at the entire Apricot Kernel solution which for me, seems to have real merit and the very fact that the US has banned the sale of these simple seeds shows what lengths they will go to in order to protect their own big business treatments.

I'd also take a look at other protocols like Kelmun and the use of bicarb of soda and turmeric.

Ignore all the deliberate misinformation put out which exists solely to either scare you or make you turn away at the first hurdle.

Take responsibility for your own health. Don't cave in and put it in the hands of the "experts" who are simply following the big business plan.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:07 AM

And as a sufferer I'd say anything keeps you alive is worth a try so trust your oncologist, they do care and do want to help you stay alive, only after that look at alternatives but discuss them with our oncologist as they are better placed to understand the science IMO.

I'd hate anyone to use tumeric or bicarb only to discover chemo would have kept them alive longer.

Big pharma firms may be money grabbing but within them they have some very dedicated caring people who do work all there lives to try to keep us alive. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:49 AM

Apricot kernels produce Amygdalin, which is cyanide. No thanks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

31-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Apricot kernels produce Amygdalin, which is cyanide. No thanks.
Indeed they can kill ! So not something I'd not trust myself to understand what dose would be safe.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top