Join for free
Page 51 of 58 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 01:31 AM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

I think it's a deep-seated need to sound important,Jem.
Particularly in the colonies,where "Negative" is so very often used instead of the much quicker,simpler and easier to hear in a ruckus "NO!"
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 01:57 AM

what’s in a name; a game; a train?
I’ll have a bob on RJ’s game
And let’s not forget old Pug
Who chews the gum; he’s quite a bud

I don’t know wot to make of Jem
Is it the drink that drives his pen?
Well all weez do around deez parts
Is chew the cudpugggumbudbob
And RJ’s gives us many a Jem!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 11:28 AM

I always wanted to be named GARTH.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I always wanted to be named GARTH.
very sinister!

I've always wanted to be called robert?

i had a white mouse once called Garth - he never answered to his name and ignored me by running around in a wheel all day
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 09:58 PM

I would have loved to be called Eric, I have a lot of Viking blood in me and would have made a good Viking but for the fact that I get seasick very easily.

There was a young man called Arthur
We all knew what he was after
Lizzie was sweet and her legs were a treat
But Arthur only wanted her garter.

He was gay you see and wanted to impress his old school chums.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 11:44 PM

Although I wouldnt want to be one, I have great affection for the women in my life.

If I was a woman I wud like to be called Bobbie, after the dog GREYFRIARS BOBBY.

I'm up late again
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-05-2015, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Although I wouldnt want to be one, I have great affection for the women in my life.

If I was a woman I wud like to be called Bobbie, after the dog GREYFRIARS BOBBY.

I'm up late again
is that a woman with hairy legs you speak of?

There was an old fellow cold Robert
Who really wanted to be called Bobbit
So we shortened it to bob, cos the bit didn’t fit
And now we’re selling a bit for two bobs?

well I'm up early again - same difference!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

28-05-2015, 01:20 AM

My medication is squeezing the life out of me dear boy. I've taken to downing a few shots of an evening, since we downsized from a house to a flat, stress you know.

When I first had Parkinsons I took to using a stick cos it gave a signal to folks that I was ill, not tipsy. Nowadays I'm just as likely to be both of those things.

Being positive I accept that nothing stays the same in this life. THe sting in the tail of this unstoppable force is that doing nothing is often NOT an option

Take modern gadgets, I have no mobile phone or any of the later improvements. I let them all pass in the sure knowledge that I could catch up, when I had time, didnt work did it?

In the retirement development we have moved in to we are the youngest owners, in fact the demised previous owner of our flat was 100. The living ones are mostly in their 80s.

THere is a chance of more drivel later in Viking,North Utsire
South Utsire,Forties,Cromarty,Forth * warning,Tyne * ,warning,Dogger * warning,Fisher,German Bight,Humber
Thames,Dover,Wight,Portland,Plymouth,Biscay,Trafal gar * warning,FitzRoy * warning,Sole,Lundy,Fastnet,Irish Sea
Shannon,Rockall * warning,Malin,Hebrides,Bailey * warning
Fair Isle,Faeroes,Southeast Iceland.

Does that take you back?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-05-2015, 01:42 AM

condolence dear Sir - my own various ailments perhaps less severe than yours do bring on the black dog sometimes - sick of swallowing pills each day BUT my full health check last year said 'Still doing well for 72' so I cannot complain too much - can still drive the car and walk the golf links.

the mornings are now chilly at 18C and I am often tempted to throw on a cardigan - do you remember those delightful woolen garments that seem to have gone out of fashion here in OZ?

THere is a chance of more drivel later in Viking,North Utsire
South Utsire,Forties,Cromarty,Forth * warning,Tyne * ,warning,Dogger * warning,Fisher,German Bight,Humber
Thames,Dover,Wight,Portland,Plymouth,Biscay,Trafal gar * warning,FitzRoy * warning,Sole,Lundy,Fastnet,Irish Sea
Shannon,Rockall * warning,Malin,Hebrides,Bailey * warning
Fair Isle,Faeroes,Southeast Iceland.
yes it was strangely a weather forecast that always gave me a comforting feeling - perhaps because I wasn't there! I remember the infamous writer Tristan Jones once describing sitting in his little boat off the Irish coast and listening to his radio for such a forecast [if of course he could ever be believed] He also described listening to the same radio and picking up a telephone conversation between a New York taxi driver and his base [even harder to believe] - he was described as a story teller who mixed a bit of truth in witha lot of fantasy!

My god l have just turned to the Tv and there are these scantily clad bikini girls offering a car wash service at this time in the morning in a Perth suburb - for that kind of service I would step out of the car - disrobe and they could give me a hands on rub down! - wot is the world cumming too?

and finally we have in OZ at present a Kurt Elling - never heard of him - he is apparently a jazz singer [modern rather than traditional] but I never did follow the modern jazz much - he has been likened to frankie S but a far cry in my opinion - no one beats frankie including Harry Conick Jr.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

28-05-2015, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
god l have just turned to the Tv and there are these scantily clad bikini girls offering a car wash service at this time in the morning in a Perth suburb - for that kind of service I would step out of the car - disrobe and they could give me a hands on rub down! - wot is the world cumming too?
Begorrah, that last paragraph recalls Paul Newman in COOL HAND LUKE, & the car wash scene, followed by the bunk beds creaking later that day. Or the chess scene in the THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR with another much missed icon Steve MacQueen.

On the subject of cardigans, I foolishly shared a joke I'd heard with a female colleague, about a young lad, Isaac, crying in the park because he didnt have a pullover. YOn colleague laughed and laughed. I knew she didnt get it cos the next afternoon I overheard her tell the same story, but in her version the missing garment was a cardigan.

Page 51 of 58 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top