Join for free
Page 265 of 1676 « First < 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 765 1265 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 09:27 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

There is now internet glue, it is called E-Poxy.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Tried that internet stuff Spitty, it’s no use, in fact it’s A-poxy glue.
I was always interested in glue, there are so many glues out there now for many different purposes (there’s that word again Gummy, sticking around ain’t they) but I have yet to find a glue to beat Araldite epoxy resin for a lasting strong bond. Remember this?

"In 1983 a visual stunt presentation was set up to show the strength of Araldite by gluing a yellow Ford Cortina to a billboard on Cromwell Road, London, with the tagline "It also sticks handles to teapots". Later, to demonstrate more of its strength, a red Cortina was placed on top of the yellow Cortina, with the tagline "The tension mounts". Finally, the car was removed from the billboard, leaving a hole on the billboard and a tagline "How did we pull it off?"

Anyway I'm off to the local now to glue meself to the bar.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 10:20 PM

A-raldite, E-rudite, what the ****, just get stuck in.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Horse farts in bags, half barrels, what next I wonder.
I wonder what happens to a fart in a space station? it would take months to dissolve in such confined quarters, God those astronauts must have very strong stomachs.

I have a tiny annoying gripe to grip with today.
Holes in plastic bags. Alright I agree they were necessary to prevent children suffocating when they first came out to replace paper bags, but now even the tiniest bags have holes in them. I get stuff from China in the post regularly and today for example I got a special glue that will conduct electricity, you know when you join two wires together and the wires are so fine and delicate that they break easily when trying to solder them with lead solder, well this glue makes a great bond and no soldering is needed. The tiny tube of glue was in a plastic bag and there were holes in the bag, what the hell for? I was going to use the bag to keep the glue airtight to provent it hardening up, instead I had to use a resealable bag I had. My point is simple, who or what is going to try to get it’s head into a two by two inch plastic bag?, you couldn’t smother a fly in one for Gods sake, it’s like everything else about health and safety, they go way overboard with everything.

oh shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:42 PM

yes I'm with araldite great stuff I have one tube on my left hand little finger then the next finger then the middle finger then the forefinger then the thumb - good job I've always picked me nose with my right hand - the araldite removal man is comin tomorrow and he has insisted I be blindfolded for the procedure - he says it will be painless from the waist down??????????????????
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 03:25 AM

The thing about the bag Jem-it's not to stop insects etc getting in,it's to stop/contain any fumes that may seep out. Seems silly,yes-but to a sniffer dog at an airport,those fumes may seem very much akin to 'bud',when it's crushed and dried. When I was in uniform,I once had to hold a really deep shrapnel wound on my oppo closed while the medic sealed it with superglue,ready to heli him out.
That one occasion was enough. From that day to this,I can't stand the stuff.

But that ain't what I popped in to talk about.
On Sunday,I spent the afternoon in a recording studio,playing guitar as overtrack for a play the BBC are putting out in September. [no,I have no idea of the date] To my COMPLETE surpise,Ray Davis was there. Unknown to me,he'd written the music I was playing. Wow-unexpected,or WHAT! Talking music with such a legendary icon was a genuine treat...I can die happy...
Gotta say,he is a really nice,decent,polite bloke. Respec'!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 05:32 AM

Sounds a nice encounter Pug, always rated the Kinks but didn't know Ray was still working. I had a guitar once when I was around 12, but couldn't get the hang of it so swapped it for a fishing rod...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-07-2017, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Sounds a nice encounter Pug, always rated the Kinks but didn't know Ray was still working. I had a guitar once when I was around 12, but couldn't get the hang of it so swapped it for a fishing rod...
I always thought that ray from the kinks was spelt Davies??

my BIL played with that Ray when he was first starting to form the band
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-07-2017, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
That is logical, both use chords.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-07-2017, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
The thing about the bag Jem-it's not to stop insects etc getting in,it's to stop/contain any fumes that may seep out. Seems silly,yes-but to a sniffer dog at an airport,those fumes may seem very much akin to 'bud',when it's crushed and dried. When I was in uniform,I once had to hold a really deep shrapnel wound on my oppo closed while the medic sealed it with superglue,ready to heli him out.
That one occasion was enough. From that day to this,I can't stand the stuff.

But that ain't what I popped in to talk about.
On Sunday,I spent the afternoon in a recording studio,playing guitar as overtrack for a play the BBC are putting out in September. [no,I have no idea of the date] To my COMPLETE surpise,Ray Davis was there. Unknown to me,he'd written the music I was playing. Wow-unexpected,or WHAT! Talking music with such a legendary icon was a genuine treat...I can die happy...
Gotta say,he is a really nice,decent,polite bloke. Respec'!
You should have told Ray to come on here, a SOUND lesson in Getting on with your Neighbours.

Page 265 of 1676 « First < 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 765 1265 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top