Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 01:53 PM

Re: Our stance on moderation

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We do but would you want to spend 24 hours a day every day sitting here in case someone says something slightly out of line?

It can be a very thankless task being a Mod having to read through countless posts knowing whatever you do people will complain about anything and everything.

Mods also spend a lot of time checking for and dealing with spammers and would be spammers something you rarely get to see because we have already delt with them .

We are not here as wet nurses , this site is for people over 50 and surely by that age people have learnt to behave or to tell others if they think they are not doings so and to do this politely without name calling.
I agree with what you say Meg as before, I wouldn't want to do what you do. Was it you or Mags who said you hardly know what your husband looks like?
I hope the forum never turns into a free for all because I too have been accused of being 'overly sensitive' which made me feel like crap as if it's something to be ashamed of! But I got over it & decided to post again. Hopefully some others who are hot under the collar for the sake of others will calm down too
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
As I had no comment on that thread - maybe I should be quiet now - its simply I've lost a friend and I'm sad, so I apologise if I shouldn't have said my piece .......
Surely you have her email address? You can still keep in contact with a friend?
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Who the f u c k is Butterfly? You think I want to read through a load of rubbish? I know what I know - don't you?
I don't need to report this, because I can handle anything but I will also tell you, MKJ, do you think I want to read through a load of rubbish ? Not really lol

And who am I ? A member, just like you, but a member that doesn't need to insult, offend or swear to get my point across
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We do but would you want to spend 24 hours a day every day sitting here in case someone says something slightly out of line?

It can be a very thankless task being a Mod having to read through countless posts knowing whatever you do people will complain about anything and everything.

Mods also spend a lot of time checking for and dealing with spammers and would be spammers something you rarely get to see because we have already delt with them .

We are not here as wet nurses , this site is for people over 50 and surely by that age people have learnt to behave or to tell others if they think they are not doings so and to do this politely without name calling.
No, definitely not, you are a member and accepted the moderator position as a volunteer, noone excepts you to be here 24/7. And yes, I am aware that a moderator does a lot more than look at posts.

However, being a moderator is a responsibility and a commitment, maybe there are not enough of you to go around ? Maybe you need more moderators and also moderators that cover different time zones ?

This way there are more chances that a moderator is always "on duty".

And no you are not wet nurses, yes we would think that anyone over 50 is wiser and has learned how to act and behave, but I have browsed through many posts, and I have come to the conclusion that being over 50 does not guarantee any of this
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 03:17 PM

It's obvious from some of the recent posts that some don't know how to behave or don't want. WUM's come to mind.
We had a particularly pernicious one not too long ago. Went by the name of a tree that they make cricket bats from
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 03:23 PM

''our stance?''

or..the mod's point of view?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 03:47 PM

It was Azz who posted it and Azz is the owner of the site. So it's his stance.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Surely you have her email address? You can still keep in contact with a friend?
Yes I do - thankfully ......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
''our stance?''
or..the mod's point of view?
...not quite Lilac but but if you want my point of view I will give it .

Every now and then some 'chancer' wanders in here. They don’t give a dam how rude they are or if they upset anyone they just want to see how far they can push things just because they can.
They are given the benefit of the doubt but sooner or later that benefit run out.
I think sometimes we may extend our courtesy for too long.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 04:22 PM

I think that your long term posters think they can say what they want..and then are surprised when people bite back..

But if you wish to ''ban'' me..that is your perogative!

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top