Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:36 AM

The Unstoppable Flying Scotsman..Did You Watch It?

Did you watch the ‘Unstoppable Flying Scotsman’ on Channel 5 at 9pm last night?

I just love this beautiful steam train.
At almost 100 years old and having completed millions of miles, she really is an incredible train!

Part two, is on next Monday
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:41 AM

Re: The Unstoppable Flying Scotsman..Did You Watch It?

My husband did thankfully I managed to avoid it. I'm sure it's a wonderful thing and I'd love to see it in real life but hours of tv about a train I can't imagine I'd stay awake through.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My husband did thankfully I managed to avoid it. I'm sure it's a wonderful thing and I'd love to see it in real life but hours of tv about a train I can't imagine I'd stay awake through.
Julie, I am the opposite! Give me a programme like this over, boring Soaps, any day!!

Programmes like this thrill me because l appreciate the workmanship. The sheer beauty of such a magnificent piece of engineering, that it is still going nearly one hundred years after it was built!

I also, love watching programmes about the Vulcan Bomber, Concorde, War Ships And any other magnificent machine!

I know, don’t tell me.....l am an anorak!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Did you watch the ‘Unstoppable Flying Scotsman’ on Channel 5 at 9pm last night?
Sadly, I missed it, but, as an enthusiast with 5 documentaries on the old beauty, I shall watch it on My5:

https://www.my5.tv/the-flying-scotsm...on-1/episode-1

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:54 AM

Julie, I am the opposite! Give me a programme like this over, boring Soaps, any day!!

Programmes like this thrill me because l appreciate the workmanship. The sheer beauty of such a magnificent piece of engineering, that it is still going nearly one hundred years after it was built!

I also, love watching programmes about the Vulcan Bomber, Concorde, War Ships And any other magnificent machine!

Lol I'm glad you enjoyed it as my husband did too, one thing about tv there is something for everyone and we'd be a boring bunch if we all liked the same.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Sadly, I missed it, but, as an enthusiast with 5 documentaries on the old beauty, I shall watch it on My5:

https://www.my5.tv/the-flying-scotsm...on-1/episode-1

Omah, l am glad to see, you have taste!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 11:05 AM

Saturation coverage on our media of this piece of iron is getting to be somewhat of a joke, enough is enough, give it a rest.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 11:34 AM

I am currently half-way through watching a couple of documentaries on the Battle of Jutland, which involved 28 British Dreadnoughts and 16 German Dreadnoughts among the 249 warships involved .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I am currently half-way through watching a couple of documentaries on the Battle of Jutland, which involved 28 British Dreadnoughts and 16 German Dreadnoughts among the 249 warships involved .....
Omah, It looks a bit ‘heavy’ but interesting!!

I am starting to wonder if l am turning into a bloke.... with my interest in trains and boats and planes!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

27-02-2018, 09:29 PM

Omah, It looks a bit ‘heavy’ but interesting!!
Well, not much happened, but a few ships were sunk and thousands of men died - another of Churchill's "black marks" (he was First Sea Lord at the time).

I am starting to wonder if l am turning into a bloke.... with my interest in trains and boats and planes!!
Not as long as you stick to the "pretty" ones .....

If you start dreaming about diesel shunters, then you'll know you've "turned" .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top