Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Re: How could she?

Certainly a terrible thing to do, on the other hand they left their finances and access to their savings to a 21 year old, during which time her marriage broke down she lost a baby and she had her home repossessed. I'm not making excuses for her but they should take some responsibility and they should have made better financial arrangements before embarking on a four year trip,

I feel sorry for them all.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:29 AM

I agree Summer - they should have made better arrangements, but it does not excuse theft and this girl did not spend the money on keeping her head above water. I wonder if she let her parents know she was in difficulty. If she had perhaps they would have helped her.
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 01:56 PM

I agree leaving their finances in the care of a twenty one year old is irresponsible. I like to think I would have kept this within the family. Exclusion from the family is a punishment in itself, not to mention other sanctions they could impose on her. Involving the police, courts, prison and perhaps worse the national press seems somewhat vindictive.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:16 PM

Interesting that this came to light in 2010 but was not taken to court till this year.

Think the parents wanted to solve this because she was their daughter.

BUT BUT BUT

The Father stated in the link.

The parents have cut all ties with their eldest daughter after receiving threatening phone calls and emails from her.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top