Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 01:43 PM

Re: Another innocent man shot by American Police

Originally Posted by Norway ->
The American police it seems is shoot first , ask questions after. Im surprised the man that was shot was not Black.
It is a ridiculous excuse to say the man reached for his waist band, even if he did , in that position the idiot policeman would have had plenty of time to see exactly what he was doing and should if he was properly trained !!! realised that the man was not reaching for a weapon. If you are a policeman you have to be sure that a weapon is there or going to be produced, this is how you should have been trained !!, but it is not the case in the USA.
British police shot that MAN, certainly not one of many like the USA police.
What then has happened to police commanders ! in the U SA wher a man has been shot in error????
How do they determine that for sure?
To be absolutely 100% sure a gun had been reached for you'd have to see it wouldn't you ... by which time it might have been fired at you.
When police are armed as part of the job things get very tricky, where a split second or hair trigger reaction can snuff out a life.
A suspect already warned not to reach behind his back to his waistband (where a gun might be tucked) ... has as much responsibility for his own welfare as the copper pointing a gun at him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How do they determine that for sure?
To be absolutely 100% sure a gun had been reached for you'd have to see it wouldn't you ... by which time it might have been fired at you.
When police are armed as part of the job things get very tricky, where a split second or hair trigger reaction can snuff out a life.
A suspect already warned not to reach behind his back to his waistband (where a gun might be tucked) ... has as much responsibility for his own welfare as the copper pointing a gun at him.
I want to agree but often people seem to react in fear themselves. If I was told get down on floor or put hands behind back I couldn't comply. If that was in a situation like this shouldn't they ask why you can't rather than shoot you ? I have a feeling they would just shoot.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:12 PM

The policeman wasWRONG , he shot a man who was not armed
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:30 PM

The policeman wasWRONG , he shot a man who was not armed
What you mean to be accurate is ... he shot a man who he was not sure was unarmed.
With foresight you expect him to know he was unarmed.

The video is obscured. Who can tell if he was reaching to put his hands on his waistband .. or perhaps he should have put both hands on the floor well in front of him to crawl forward on all fours?
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 05:19 PM

He was un armed, and typical of USA police trigger happy, un trained , not fit to be a policeman. I hope the family win the case re unlawful killing. If you read the report it is not referring to the video that you can see its is referring to the body camera image of the policeman that shot him
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

09-12-2017, 05:30 PM

I try not to get too bogged down with forum lawyers ... but hey ho, here we go ..
I was referring to the video that was posted with the article, presumably footage from a coppers body cam. If it wasn't footage pertinent to the article in question I wasted a couple of minutes of my life watching it.

If you're so keen to post about American coppers brutality there are loads of more incriminating videos out there where it is undeniable and not in any dispute.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I want to agree but often people seem to react in fear themselves. If I was told get down on floor or put hands behind back I couldn't comply. If that was in a situation like this shouldn't they ask why you can't rather than shoot you ? I have a feeling they would just shoot.
Hi

I have to disagree Julie.

All you have to do, here in the UK at least, is to keep your hands away from your body and say clearly I am Disabled.

The Police are trained for this, there are protocols in place, you will not be shot.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 08:32 PM

Well let's hope I never have to test that theory swim, I dint have any robberies planned so hopefully I'm ok
Norway
i

09-12-2017, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I try not to get too bogged down with forum lawyers ... but hey ho, here we go ..
I was referring to the video that was posted with the article, presumably footage from a coppers body cam. If it wasn't footage pertinent to the article in question I wasted a couple of minutes of my life watching it.

If you're so keen to post about American coppers brutality there are loads of more incriminating videos out there where it is undeniable and not in any dispute.
I am not a forum lawyer, I posted the article because it was so blatant a case of un trained police panicking, and I didnt ask you to even watch the video as it was obvious from the still that the policeman that did the shooting was in the way of a man behind with another body camera
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 10:03 PM

Disgusting , the American police make me sick, they are filth
Not all of them surely?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top