Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Re: Trump pulls out....

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Interesting that your tourist experience was so different to our own governments Foreign Travel Advice.
I imagine tourists get focused on/steered to the good bits and never get to see the whole picture.
I'm sure stuff happens. Unusual in the areas tourists visit though.

People who carry out terror attacks in the UK are usually more successful because the security there is so much tighter. Possibly the most glamorous army in the world on every corner with machine guns.

But then it's almost impossible to get into the country as a foreign national. The passport control queues last 3-4 hours. If you have visited other countries in the Middle East you will be faced with an interrogation.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Because I've since been there and they do all seem to co-exist with far less friction than we are led to believe by the media. It was Jerusalem that I think should be an international city. But I think it pretty much is that in all but name.
That's right Annie that is what I have been saying all along .
All faiths and races are tolerated in Jerusalem and all have access to their sacred sites.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Interesting but it's nothing like this. Orthodox Jews were polite and helpful when we got lost. Nobody bothers you or looks at what you are wearing. Everyone is really accommodating to tourists. Jerusalem was far more relaxing than fighting for sunbeds in Spain.
Correct .
Although I am in Spain at the moment and never go anywhere I have to fight for a subbed in fact I rarely sunbathe . Spain is a fabulous country so much more that beach and bars
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Annie I was referring to the declaring of Jerusalem as Israel's Capital, which could well be with the US Embassy moving there on the 14th. East Jerusalem is Palestinian territory , and one very good reason why the Palestinians up in arms atm.
Maybe we got our wires crossed somewhere.
Its a seven day wonder the US Consulate has ALWAYS been in Jerusalem .
Most Palestinians just get on about their business like everyone else.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:53 PM

Embassy and Consulate as you probably know are different !

Anyway, have a nice stay in Spain. Another country you have at last had the chance to experience. Maybe hire a donkey and have a trit- trot along the beach. A little different to an Arabian steed racing across the desert, but one of those would probably be too powerful for you now, Muddy.
Enjoy.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2018, 05:40 PM

YEs dear I do know the difference between an Embassy and a Consulate but many countries -not all have them together .
It makes little difference .
PS
I have just enjoyed six days riding spirited Andalusian horses over the hills of rural Spain .( I come to Spain at least twice a year and have been doing for years )
This morning I had a cracking gallop along a deserted beach .
Bet you wish you could
Adios !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:41 PM

You know PD, you never thought any of us were going to fall for the stringy mule plodding along the beach or Blackpool prom wearing a sombrero did you? How ordinary would that be.

*chuckles and trots off waving a Kiss Me Quick hat and yelling Hi ho Silver!*
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 11:02 PM

Trying to work out what a 'cracking gallop' is . Sounds painful.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Trying to work out what a 'cracking gallop' is . Sounds painful.
Cracking in this context means excellent.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 11:17 PM

There is 'cracking wind' ... but not usually associated with bouncing up and down on a horse.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top