Join for free
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:00 PM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
If they are his own words, why isn't he always that eloquent, rather than usually sounding like a half wit?
People in glass houses….
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
People in glass houses….
Or pots calling kettles, er, perhaps not
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
People in glass houses….
After all the time you've had to respond to that comment, Vlad, are those four words the best you could come up with?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Or pots calling kettles, er, perhaps not
Ooooo! Edgy!
Vlad
West Midlands UK

14-07-2021, 02:33 PM

After all the time you've had to respond to that comment, Vlad, are those four words the best you could come up with?
Not really…I couldn’t find my crayons in order to respond to your witticism earlier
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 03:30 PM

Returning to the opening post.

I live about 2 miles from withington and have seen the mural on several occasions. When I heard about the graffiti, I looked it up to see what it entailed. Other than it being a penis painted using white paint, I'm struggling to see it as racially motivated.

Rashford just happens to be black, and i have little doubt that if her were any other colour then the graffiti would have happened on the basis that he missed a penalty, and not an attack on his colour.

I have little doubt that a fair few tweets would have been made by peoples of the same colour as him.

Which brings up the question of the linguistic terms used. What's her face who got shot at a bbq a few weeks ago can be seen on you tube calling someone else a "coon", and black people are quite content to refer to each other as "niggers" (indeed much of their music include such terms).

Presumably, they feel this is acceptable language to use. Why is it thus unacceptable for anyone else to use it?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
As you mention it JBR....I have not seen a black officer in my part of the woods.

Never seen one in Newbury either, where my son lives,
Aren't the black ones all in the management team ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 06:39 PM

I don't know who they are banning or why, but as much as free speech should be defended, that does not mean absolutely anything should be allowed a public platform. I know Trump was banned, and for very justifiable reasons. When people of influence use misinformation and lies in order to manipulate others, it is in all our interests for them to be denied a platform.
Totally agree Harbal
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Totally agree Harbal
Much appreciated, Aerolor. Being agreed with is a rarity for me these days.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
As we all are and who cares. Being unique is born into us, at the DNA level. I have never cared about a person's color, only their character. Just as I have never cared who or what anyone sleeps with at night. As long as no one is getting hurt, who cares. I just don't get why there is so much hate. Hate for no reason at all. it's mind boggling.

I wholeheartedly agree with all you have said

Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top