Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Have You Ever Had Your Colours Done?

I already knew what coloured clothing suited ny skin tones but I had my colours done when I was at college, it was part of a fashion class. I'm NOT into fashion but this was one class that was more lackadaisical, lol.

Anyway, for example you were a winter person, fall, spring or summer person depending on the tone colour of your skin. Therefore, particular shades of colours would look better than others.

I am a winter person & cool colours look best on me. That means usually there's blues in the makeup of a colour such as reds, greens. Cherry Red is a cool shade of red, taxis are a warm shade of yellow. A warm red has an orangy undertone.

Does anyone understand?

What colours really enhance your features?

I always dress in shorts, tank tops in the summer & not into dressing "bleedin' well proper!" but I love the cool shades of bright clothing. I feel sorry for men who only have limited choices of colour. I hate grey but love cherry red, fuscia, blues, greens, cool icy yellow or lemon yellow, burnt orange, etc.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 03:05 PM

Re: Have You Ever Had Your Colours Done?

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I already knew what coloured clothing suited ny skin tones but I had my colours done when I was at college, it was part of a fashion class. I'm NOT into fashion but this was one class that was more lackadaisical, lol.

Anyway, for example you were a winter person, fall, spring or summer person depending on the tone colour of your skin. Therefore, particular shades of colours would look better than others.

I am a winter person & cool colours look best on me. That means usually there's blues in the makeup of a colour such as reds, greens. Cherry Red is a cool shade of red, taxis are a warm shade of yellow. A warm red has an orangy undertone.

Does anyone understand?

What colours really enhance your features?

I always dress in shorts, tank tops in the summer & not into dressing "bleedin' well proper!" but I love the cool shades of bright clothing. I feel sorry for men who only have limited choices of colour. I hate grey but love cherry red, fuscia, blues, greens, cool icy yellow or lemon yellow, burnt orange, etc.
Good post AC..pink looks good on me..and certain tones of green..

If I get the shade wrong it is a catastrophe..

I love warm colours..I hate blue..so cold..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 03:17 PM

Red looks good. Also like black and white.
I'm still a 60s gal at heart - the hem is longer that's all .......
peggylee
New Member!
UK
peggylee is female 

29-06-2014, 03:17 PM

Hi Autumncolour,
Nice thread. Yes I've had mine done and I wear all the colours that suit me already so no surprises there.

Colours that suit me best are clear reds, lemons, teals, and mid browns
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 03:22 PM

Thanks for the sympathy we men have in colour choice AC.
I think we had something about which colour suits who on here a while ago, anyway it was a bit of fun, I was disgusted when my colour turned out to be PINK!, I never wore pink in me life, can't stand the colour, the wife was slagging me for days afterwards.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 03:30 PM

I remember it well Jem
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Yes I have. I am a winter and best suited by jewel tones.. saphire, emerald, ruby.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Yes I have. I am a winter and best suited by jewel tones.. saphire, emerald, ruby.
Around yer neck and wrists - I bet
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Me too.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

29-06-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Around yer neck and wrists - I bet
LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top