Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:06 AM

The UK should pay closer attention

http://news.sky.com/story/uk-living-...mands-10705627

Quote:

London School of Economics assistant professor Sara Hagemann said the prospect of Brexit has "united the EU27 to a degree rarely seen before".

This is as reports suggest in the EU. Don't be fooled by diplomatic speak. If anything Brexit has united the EU.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:07 AM

Re: The UK should pay closer attention

out
aʊt/
adverb
moving or appearing to move away from a particular place, especially one that is enclosed or hidden.
"he walked out into the street"
situated far or at a particular distance from somewhere.
"an old farmhouse right out in the middle of nowhere"
preposition
non-standard contraction of out of.
"he ran out the door"
adjective
not at home or at one's place of work.
"if he called, she'd pretend to be out"
synonyms: not here, not at home, not in, gone away, away, elsewhere, absent, away from one's desk
"I'm afraid she's out at the moment"
revealed or made public.
"the secret was soon out"
synonyms: revealed, in the open, out in the open, common knowledge, public knowledge, known, disclosed, divulged, exposed
"the secret was soon out"
noun
informal
a way of escaping from a problem or dilemma.
"he was desperately looking for an out"
BASEBALL
an act of putting a player out.
verb
knock (someone) out.
informal
reveal the homosexuality of (a prominent person).
synonyms: expose, unmask, uncover
"it was not our intention to out him"
Feedback
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:08 AM

Hope you have a nice Christmas Flicker.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
This is as reports suggest in the EU. Don't be fooled by diplomatic speak. If anything Brexit has united the EU.
That's lovely for you all .

I am not interested whether the EU is united or not, the only thing that interests me is we are not going to be part of that corrupt club.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
http://news.sky.com/story/uk-living-...mands-10705627

Quote:

London School of Economics assistant professor Sara Hagemann said the prospect of Brexit has "united the EU27 to a degree rarely seen before".

Tidings of comfort and joy to you too Flick..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:27 AM

Ditch the Xmas pud Flick, try some humble pie, the EU is dead.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Ditch the Xmas pud Flick, try some humble pie, the EU is dead.
That made me laugh Rehab, thank you.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:40 AM

At the end of the day Flicker the United States of Europe will still have to trade with the UK. We are one of their biggest customers. It is not in their interests to make things too difficult.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's lovely for you all .

I am not interested whether the EU is united or not, the only thing that interests me is we are not going to be part of that corrupt club.

I second that
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 01:06 PM

We welcome all nationalities into Britain, indeed, they have added considerably to our wealth and prosperity over the years. A vote for Brexit was not a vote against any individual race therefore can not be classed as racist. Due to our services and utilities being stretched to breaking point it has become necessary to try and limit the influx of immigrants.

It has been claimed that it was mostly the older generation who voted to Brexit [whereas I believe that the media over exaggerated this situation] but if this should be true, then from my perspective, I have witnessed the change from what was supposed to be a European Trading agreement between half a dozen reasonably equal economic countries into a power hungry, all consuming super power that will destroy by sanction any country that stands in it's way.

Personally I have no wish to be part of such an undemocratic, wealth absorbing bully.
So called 'Experts' have about as much credibility as anyone contributing to this discussion, after failing to identify perhaps the worst financial turmoil this country has seen since the end of world war two. It's easy to forecast what will happen after the event, which is the best they can do to date after most of the predictions have not manifested themselves.

I find your comments make very interesting reading Flicker, and your mastery of the English language is to be admired, But I feel your skills should be employed writing fiction rather than predictions of what may or may not happen to the UK post Brexit because 'fiction and supposition' are the only things that I see in your posts.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top